21- Endearing

A/N- (Small funny story about my boss at the end if you wanna read that haha) This story is growing close to its end, just a few chapters left! Here's an old song, but a good one! Good Old-fashioned Lover Boy by Queen I do recommend listening to this one as you read the chapter since this one is kinda fluffy.

The next couple weeks were filled of all day long practices and song writing sessions. Whatever revelation Tyler had in my apartment filled him with ideas and lyrics so he had been writing almost obsessively.

We have a live show three days from now, but tonight was special. I finally managed to convince Tyler to take a day off from writing and practicing to take him out on our first real date.

I haven't told him anything about what we're doing tonight other than how he should dress. The rest is a surprise. At five on the dot I was knocking on Tyler's front door.

I'm so used to it always just being Tyler home that I didn't notice the other cars parked in the driveway, so it was quite a shock when Tyler's mom opened the door.

She gave me a questioning look and I panicked a little bit and started nervously rambling.

"Oh, um hi Mrs. Joseph. My name is Josh, um hi. Oh, I said that already um, I'm in a band with Tyler, your son. Well of course he's your son you know who I'm talking about. Ah shit- I mean shoot! Sorry it just slipped out...anyways uh is-is Tyler there? We had plans to hang out this evening, if that's alright with you of course! If you don't like me I can go, but I hope you do like me because I like your son. As a friend I mean!"

I had no idea how his family felt about homosexuality, Tyler had never talked about it, so I really hope they're alright with it and Tyler had already told them, otherwise I might have just screwed him over.

Mrs. Joseph gave me a warm smile and I felt the tightness in my chest lessen a bit. She let out an airy laugh before saying anything.

"You're exactly how Tyler described you! Don't worry sweetie, I know you two are dating. And judging by how much you panicked when you saw me, you really care about Tyler so I do like you Josh. You seem like a very sweet boy. Now come on in and make yourself comfy I'll go get Tyler for you."

I felt the weight lift off my chest, I didn't mess things up for once. So far at least, hopefully the date would go ok...my thoughts were interrupted by Mrs. Joseph shouting for Tyler, I about choked on my own spit at her words.

"Tyler! The awkward blushing boy with the brown hair is here to take you on your date! Get your ass down here he's a nervous wreck!"

I wanted to just walk out the door and never return.

Her mentioning my blush only made it flare up more, I could feel the heat rushing to my face. I buried my head in my hands. Not the best way for this date to start off...I heard the sound of running footsteps and then the sound of Tyler descending the stairs.

He rounded the corner and saw me awkwardly standing there with my hands shoved deep in my pockets and a blush still painting my face. He gave me a smile and ran forward to hug me. I pulled my hands from my pockets and returned his hug, his presence instantly calming me down.

He turned around to say bye to his mom before pulling me out the front door. As he was dragging me I turned around and gave Mrs. Joseph an awkward little wave and I could hear her start to laugh before the door shut behind us.

"Sorry about my mom, but she finds awkwardness endearing so she'll love you. You're a good kind of awkward! Sorry I'm rambling a bit I'm just so excited for tonight."

He ran his hand through his hair and blushed a bit as I opened his car door for him. He slid into the seat and I shut the door before running around to the other side of the car and climbing in.

"It's ok; I liked your mom after I got done panicking. And you're cute when you ramble so don't worry about it."

I backed out of the driveway as Tyler turned the radio on but leaving the music at a low enough volume for us to talk easily.

I saw him sigh a bit as the music quietly filled the silence in the car. I reached over with one hand and grabbed his, intertwining our fingers. I pulled his hand over to me and pressed a soft kiss to the back of his hand before letting our hands rest on my leg as I drove. Tyler didn't say a word, but I could see the blush return to his face as he looked down at our hands.

"What did you do today?" I questioned as I flicked on my turn signal as I drove to the first part of our date.

"Not a whole lot, I mostly just sat with my mom and caught up with her, we haven't had a chance to just talk in awhile so it was nice. What about you?"

"I busy getting everything ready for tonight." I turned and gave him a cheesy wink.

"Little too much cheese," he joked.

That was something that had become an inside joke of ours. We've been saying it repeatedly to eachother over the past couple weeks, especially during song writing. I stuck my tongue out at him like the mature adult that I am before he spoke again.

"Anyways, will you please tell me what we're doing? I reeeeeaaaaalllyy want to know, Joshy."

He bounced in his seat a little much like a child did when they were excited. I just laughed and shook my head at his antics.

"Nope," I answered popping my lips on the P. Lucky for Tyler though we had just reached our first destination.

"Ok! We're here for part number one of our two part date." Tyler looked out the window and started laughing so hard he was crying.

"Really, Josh? Target?"

A/N- Ok so my boss and I joke around ALL THE TIME. We're both very sarcastic and like to tease and annoy eachother, like some of you guys may have seen my post where he threw a freaking PICKLE at me and it went into my EAR.

That being said I just want to make it clear that he did not hurt my feelings at all I found his comments really funny, we're close enough that I know he's just joking and honestly he's like a 2nd dad to me. I've been working for him for 4 years now and I'm really good friends with his daughter as well.

Well the other day I changed my profile picture on Facebook to this:

And this was his response:

Ladies and Gentleman: My boss