Seven

The following exam was explained after all the passing examinees had been gathered in a small boat. En route to the exam's next venue. The concept itself was quite simple, and definitely something Jenna could get behind. Something she was definitely going to enjoy.

They had to hunt.

Each of them would take a random card from a box, the card would have an examinees' tag number written on it. That would be their target, they had to get that person's tag in order to obtain three points. Her own tag counted for three points as well, while anybody elses' counted for a single point. She needed six points to pass the test.

Jenna was excited. Nobody said murder wasn't allowed and she was thriving.

Her target was the examinee with the tag number #198. She hadn't really memorized any of the other examinees numbers, and didn't really think she would need to. The moment the exam had been explained, everyone had hidden their tags away, which irritated Jenna who would now have to count memory alone to find her target. She had an idea of who it could be, but she wasn't a hundred percent sure that was the case.

She had surprised herself at the lightness she had felt when she realized her target was neither Gon, or Killua. It felt a lot like relief, something she hadn't expected then, though she couldn't deny the fact that she was starting to see both boys as her friends.

It was interesting. Jenna had never thought she would make friends with people outside the Phantom Troupe.

With anticipation coursing through her veins, pumping her up and readying her to the hunt, she waited for the small boat to reach its destination. They would have a week to hunt or be hunted.

Jenna smiled, wannabe hunters becoming the hunted; ironic really. She couldn't wait.

The order in which they left the boat was determined by the previous exam, the order in which the examinees had gotten to the bottom of Trick Tower. Which meant she would be one of the last to leave the boat, yet Jenna couldn't bring herself to be annoyed by the fact. She didn't see it as a disadvantage, even if it meant the person targeting her could ambush her the moment she set foot on the island.

It wasn't a disadvantage. Jenna knew she'd get the #198 tag and keep it and her own for the rest of the week.

The trees towered over her as she walked through the forest, feeling eyes on her and a presence following her every move. She had noticed the moment she was allowed to leave the small boat, her training making it easy for her to even pinpoint the place her pursuer was tailing her from. She pretended not to know, however, allowing them to think they had her in their clutches.

Not that she would give them an opening to attack any time soon, better to tore them out and make sure to get the tag when they attacked her.

She was beginning to wonder if her stalker had yet noticed she was walking around in circles. They seemed to be waiting for the perfect opportunity and Jenna had overestimated how patient she was because she was starting to get annoyed. Couldn't her pursuer attack now so she could continue on the search of her own target?