The better side of you

Previously:

"I want you both to kill a man named Colby Miles. He works for Archane and he has attacked here. He has three kids. Two boys and one girl. The boys names are Jamie and Cody. Cody is the oldest. The girl is Avery. She is the youngest. Bring them back and kill Colby."

Kid's pov

We were already at this Colby guy's house. Maka knocked on the door and a little girl,around the age of 6, opened the door. She had brusies and a busted lip. And in the background was the sound of crying. "W-who are you?" She spoke cautiously. "That doesn't matter right now. And what happened to you?" I asked. "P-papa is hurting me and my brothers. Help us please." By now she had tears clouding her big brown eyes. "Alright. Kid, you go and take the dad out. Leave the children to me." Maka said. The little girl lead us to her dad, who was hitting one of the boys. I grabbed my pistol, that Medusa gave me, and aimed at the man. The pistol was all black and on both sides was my father's symbol but had a snake going through it. I shot him. He fell backward and layed in his pool of blood. I grabbed his blue soul."Mission Complete." Maka and I said together. The boy came to his sister and hugged her. "Wait! Where's Cody?" The girl asked. He pointed to a closet and Maka opened it. He was beaten up bad. His arms were bruised to where when he placed his finger lightly it stung. His shirt ripped to shreds and his lip and nose, bleeding. Maka held out her hand for the boy to grab it and he accepted. "Alright. My name is Maka and this is Kid." I smiled at them. Then the oldest boy spoke up. "Nice to meet you. I am Cody, this is Jamie and here is Avery." He gestured to each of them. Since they had trouble walking, I decided to carry Jamie and Maka carried Avery. Cody acted like he could handle it, however he couldn't. Luckily, I saw some strollers for sale. I bought one and placed Jamie and Avery on there. Cody was on my back and Maka strolled the stroller. "Kid, we killed a innocent soul. Would that be a bad thing if the DWMA found out?" Maka said blankly. "Well, yeah. However, I think we saved their lives from an enemy." I looked at her, smiling. She smiled back.

That night
Maka's pov

I looked at the little ones. They all were in hospital beds due to their injuries. Jamie- broken arm, cut on his arm, and bruises. Cody- broken finger and a sprained ankle. Avery, cuts on her legs and arms, brusies on her back, and a fractured wrist. I kissed their foreheads and walked out. Kid was waiting at the door. We were heading to the door when Medusa called. "Maka! Wait!" She tapped my shoulder. "Here. Drink this with something, like orange juice or milk, tonight. This will help with your insanity." The potion was light pink with a black heart in the middle in a glass bottle. "Thanks. See ya tomorrow." And with that we left.

Timeskip to Maka's house
Maka's pov

Kid walked me home. I was just gonna go to bed when I forgot about the potion. I grabbed a glass of orange juice and pulled the bottle from the jacket, that was hanging on the coat rack. I hesitated for a moment then poured the potion in the glass. It turned red then black and changed to orange again. I picked up the glass and drank it. I felt a little dizzy then it went away. I put the glass in the sink and slept in my bed.

In her dream
I was sitting a red chair. I looked down at my outfit. It was a red lace dress with black roses. My hair was curled and put in pigtails, like normal. Each one had black bows. I lifted my foot and saw black heels. Then I heard footsteps. It was... ME?! She was wearing a black dress with black heels. Her hair done excatly like mine. I recognized the dress she wore. It was the same one I wore in Soul's mind. I noticed one thing that mad us different, her eyes were red, crimson red. She sat in the chair in front of me. "Hello Maka. I'm you, the insane part." "Alright. What do I call you?" "Hmm. How about... Mika?" "Mika, what am I doing here?" She smirked and chuckled. "Since you drank the potion, you're here." I blankly stared at her. "I'm bored! How about we play 20 questions?" She chuckled again. "I'll ask the questions and you answer."
(Bold is Mika and slanted is Maka)

"Do you have friends?"
"Yes. Lots actually."
"Do you want to have insanity?"
"If it means to keep my friends and family safe, then yes."
"You're very caring, aren't ya? Next question. Do you miss your mom?"
"Yes but she left because - wait how did you know?"
"I'm you, remember? Do you hate Blackstar?"
"Yes because he thinks he's the strongest."
"Okay then."

It was a long time before she got to 20. Then she asked about Soul.
"Do you love Soul?"
"Yes."
"How much?"
"To the moon and back a million times over and over again."
"Would you kill anyone who tried to steal him from you?"
"N-no! That's bad! I would never-"
"Don't lie Maka. You would, wouldn't you?"
"Maybe.."
"I can help with that. You see, Vanessa has been stressed out lately and I can drive her to madness. I'll get her to try and kill you in front of Soul. He'll hate her and she'll leave Death City. Then you could confess to Soul- senpai! And he'll be ours forever!"

I began to laugh insanely and then stopped. "Alright. Do you what you must." And then she disappeared and I was beginning to wake up.

The next morning
Maka's pov

My eyes fluttered open and I stretched. I sat up and brought my hand to my neck, where the lock necklace was. I giggled like a psycho. It was gonna be the best days of my life when Vanessa becomes insane. I had just met

The better part of me.