Return

Soul's pov

It's the day after Maka's birthday, Saturday. And both her and Kid haven't shown up since yesterday. Everyone's worried about them.'What if they never come back? What if Maka never comes back? I won't be able to confess I love her! She needs to come back! I can't have Vanessa confess to me! I don't love her, I love Maka Albarn, my meister. Uh no!' I thought watching tv. Then Blair came in. "Soul-kun, where's Maka-chan?" "Maka's missing along with Kid." "Why aren't we looking for them?" "I-" before I could replie, Lord Death called us from the mirror. "Hello Soul!" "Hello Lord Death. Any news about Maka and Kid's disappearance?" "Disappearance? No, they're on a mission."" WHAT!?" "Oops. Looks like I forgot to tell you." Lord Death said nervously laughing and I sighed. "So, why did you call me?" "Oh! I was gonna tell you that Maka will be missing class and not returning home alot. But don't worry! Their on missions that don't need weapons." He said then left. I looked at Blair and she looked upset and confused. "What do you think it could be, Soul? This isn't like Maka." I shurgged. We both went to bed and hoped she was coming back.

On Monday
Soul's pov

Maka and Kid haven't returned. I walked to the school when I heard someone yelling. "YO SOUL! WAIT FOR MEH!" "Blackstar don't yell so loud!" I turn around and see Blackstar waving his hands in the air while running and Tsubaki following him. "Hey Soul. Any sign of Maka and Kid?" Tsubaki said smiling. "Actually, their on missions.""WHAT?!""Yep." Tsubaki and Blackstar looked so surprised. Then Liz and Patty showed up. We had to tell them too and they had the same exact reaction. Suddenly, two people walked up. "Hey guys, sorry we didn't tell you about our mission." Said KID?! Maka nodded."MAKA!KID!" All of us hugged them. "Where were you?! You just left, we were so worried about you guys!" I hugged Maka really tight and I wouldn't let her go. "I'm sorry we didn't tell you. But we had no idea, it was just random." She said.

Maka's pov

'Soul is hugging me. He said he was worried about me. I never expected him to be so sad and worried. Nothing could ruin this.' I thought. Then something did ruin it. "Soul!" It was Vanessa. She ran up to us. "Hey guys! And Soul I need to ask you something about the homework." She dragged Soul away from us and headed to class. Everyone followed expect Kid and I. "What's wrong Maka?"Kid said smirking evilly. I smirked back."I want Vanessa dead. I'm gonna talk to Mika. Cover for me, Kid." I walked off to the school rooftop. I sat down on the railing and closed my eyes.

In Maka's mind

"Mika, you here?"
"Yeah, whatda want?"
"I can't stand it! I need you to find a way to ruin Vanessa's reputation or kill her."
"I suppose I can. I have an idea! But I dunno if you want to."
"Anything!"
"Alright. I'll convince Vanessa to attempt to kill you. Well, knock you out at least. Then Kid will see her, find the others and they will see her and she'll never be able to face her friends ever again. What do you think?"

I thought about it. I have no choice. If I kill her, people will see me and tell Lord Death. But if I let her live, she'll ask out Soul and I will lose him. I took a deep breath and answered.

"Fine. When do you plan for this to happen?"

Back in reality:After class
Kid's pov

Maka didn't shown up to class. It was time for lunch and I was looking for Maka. Apparently, I didn't see Blackstar following me. I found Maka on the rooftop, sitting on the railing. "Hey, how did it go?" "Fine, I have a plan but I'm gonna get knocked out by her. We're making it look like she is trying to kill me. Mika is gonna convince her to kill me tonight." Maka said calmly. "You sure this will work?" She looked at me and then looked back. "I dunno. But Mika can make anything happen, if you do a favour. With is, however, we don't need to repay her." I nodded. "Remeber, no matter what, I'm gonna help you." I places my hand over her's and she smiled. "You're a good friend, Kid." "Let's go to lunch before they get suspicious." We walked to the cafeteria side by side.

Blackstar's pov

I was following Kid and he was looking for Maka. He didn't see me following him though. He found her at the rooftop. I couldn't really hear their conversation very well. I only saw their lips moving. Kid put his hand over Maka's and she smiled. Then they left. Soul isn't gonna like this.

Vanessa's pov

I was planning to confess to Soul after school today. However, the gang were celebrating for Maka and Kid's return. I can't confess with a bunch of people so I declined. I unlocked the front door and walked in. I closed the door, hung up my jacket, and fell down on the couch. I turned on the tv and watched a comedy show. I was getting hungry so I made dinner. I cooked ramen noodles and sat down. After dinner, I went to my room to change. I guess I layed down and fell asleep because I ended up in my dream.

In the dream

I was at the school dance with Soul. I wore a purple ball gown with a purple mask and black heels. My hair was in a bun tied with a black bow. I was dancing with Soul but all he talked about was Maka. I didn't listen because I was staring at his amazing red eyes. "Vanessa?""Yes." "The song is over. I'll be back, ok?" "Yeah, I'm gonna get something to drink." I walked over to the fruit punch table and poured some into my cup. Then the strangest thing happened. My head started to hurt. I forgot everything expect dancing with Soul. I don't remember why I'm in a ballroom or why I came over here. I saw a girl dressed in a black dress with a black mask on.