Into The Woods Part 3

'hmm,why..what's that smell. It smells like...cinnamon?'

You shift,uncomfortably in your bed,keeping your eyes closed. 'Ugh,i don't wanna get up,but that smell is so nice.'

You groan. 'Might as well open my eyes,alright,here we go,eyes open~'

You open your eyes,and squeak. Cardlin grins at you,lying right next to you.

"C-cardlin? What are you doing in here?" You pull the blanket up to your chest. ' I shouldn't gone to sleep in just my white tank. Idiot-'

"You were talking in your sleep, and you sounded scared. I just wanted to make sure you okay."

You blush,pulling your knees up to your chest.

"Oh,um,okay, i'm fine now."

He grins,and kisses your forehead. "Hungry?" He asks,standing up.

"Um..yeah,but..do you know how to cook?"

He blinks and stops abruptly at the door. "Huh,unless you want to eat berries and fish,no."

"I'll fix it,thanks though. Do you want anything?" You laugh,and stand up,before you sit down again laughing nervously.  "R-right after I get dressed"

"You could cook like that..right?"

Your eyes widen,and you shoo him out. "No,no I can't just wait for a bit."

He nods,and leans against the door frame as you close the door. You sigh,leaning against the door,collecting your thoughts.

Then you jump,something crashing outside the door. 'Oh damn-'

You quickly pull a blouse on,and some shorts hastily,before you yank the door open.

"Cardlin?!"

You glance around,and see a round little tail disappear into the kitchen,a purple beanie on the floor by your door.

You snatch it up,and round the corner into your small kitchen,Cardlin sniffing around the fridge. You sigh,shaking your head. You stare at the beanie in your hand. 'I guess he has to keep this on if he's going to be human.'

You crouch down,and tug it back on his head,closing your eyes in time as the green light flashes. You look up,and yelp.

"Oh god- where'd your clothes go?"

"Er..they're over there." He points,standing above you now- naked,again.

You flush,and scuttle over to his clothes,laying by your door. You thrust them back towards him,the jeans ripped a little,but still wearable.

"Just..um,try to keep your beanie on,okay?"

"Huh,is that what this is called? Hm." He pats it and smiles. "Okay,sorry,when you closed the door,it got stuck in the door,and it pulled off."

"Hm,we'll have to be more careful then." You say,smiling. 'He's so adorable,why is he so adorable?' You shake your head,and walk over to the fridge opening it.

"Okay,now I can fix us both some food,and then..we can figure out what to do with you." You pull out eggs,and bacon out,smiling at him.

~~~~~

"Wow..um,you were hungry." You chuckle,staring at Cardlin's empty plate. He laughs a little.

"Uh,yeah,sorry I've never actually eaten...fresh human food before."

"Oh! well..you can enjoy more of it with me." You say grinning.

"Hm..that'd be nice." He smiles,staring at you.

"Um..right," You say,standing quickly,looking away,his steady stare making you a little self-conscious.

"I have to go to work....and I have to figure out what to do with you..hm.."

You eye him as he stands up. "Hm,well..you could pass as an intern? Maybe..oh god,i hope it works. Come on."

You leave the kitchen,to grab your stuff,sliding your shoes on quickly, and lacing them up. You stand up,not worrying

You stop,turning to Cardlin.

"Aren't you coming?" You raise an eyebrow,one foot out the door, Cardlin standing in the kitchen. You smile a little,unable to not  notice how he....looks so perfect in your kitchen. It sounds weird..but he just does.

"I-I don't think I should come with you." He says,blushing.

"What? Why not?" You step back into the house. "You'll be fine. Come on."

"No..i mean..i don't want to mess anything up. What if my um...what did you call this?"

"Oh,um, a beanie."

"Right,my beanie,i'm afraid I might..um turn back into a bear,and get you in trouble. I'm clumsy enough as it is."

You smile,and take his hand,despite the slight blush rising on your cheeks as you do.

"Come on,you'll be fine,just stay by me okay?"

"Of course! Always,why would I ever leave you?"

You blink,sighing,and you pull him along,out the door,and to your car. "Hm." you hum softly,smiling. Not even Daniel said that to you.

Ugh Daniel. You shake your head,pulling your seatbelt on. 'I have to see him again today. Great-'

"What's wrong?"

Cardlin touches your shoulder lightly,smiling softly. And your heart flip flops at his adorableness.

"N-nothing. I'm fine,don't worry about me. Let's go." You smile lightly,starting the car. You drive in silence for almost an hour,Cardlin staring at you the whole way,you  try  to prepare yourself to see Daniel. You don't feel much for him anymore,but you don't want to deal with him,especially with Cardlin in tow.

You sigh as you park your car,psyching yourself up to go inside.

"Right,we're here."

Cardlin peers up at the building.

"Google? You work for Google?"

"You know what Google is?" You laugh. 'What else does he understand..?'

"Yeah,humans are kind of loud around the forest.I hear a lot of things there."

You nod,smiling sadly as you walk up to the building. 'But the forest..it'll  be gone soon..'