Into The Woods Part 4

"And this is your..intern?"

You laugh nervously,nodding. "Yeah..um..he's my new intern."

'stupid..stupid..stupid, this is not going to wo-'

"Hm, okay, just make sure he fills out this paperwork,and leaves it on my desk by the end of the day."

You blink at Alisson,your mouth hanging open. "Er..what?"

"Hm? Oh, I said he needs to leave this paperwork filled out on my desk by the end of the work day." She sighs,smiling up at Cardlin,blindly handing you a stack of pages from under her desk.

"Oh..um..right."

She grins,and waves at Cardlin. You blink,and shake your head,leading Cardlin away from her desk.

"Um,okay, come on,i'll show you around...you might have to come with me all the time now. Dug that hole myself.." You mutter.

You grin up at Cardlin, clasping your"Right! Okay, hmm..what to show you first...Oh,how about I um...Cardlin?"

You glance around,your stomach clenching. 'oh..god- this is bad, I've lost him..and it hasn't even been two minutes.'

You flinch as something crashes to the floor behind you.

You turn around,and follow the noise,hoping as hard as you can that Cardlin hadn't gotten himself hurt,or caught.

You see his violet beanie snagged in the door jam, and you grab it, glancing into the lounge. 

"Cardlin? Oh my gosh,Cardlin are you okay?" You drop down next to him,his beanie M.I.A,Cardlin flat on his back in a pile of trail mix,the canister cracked as the food spills forth.

"Cardlin?" You lean over him, and he huffs lifting a paw. You laugh. "Okay,i guess you're alright, come on,let's get this back on you before-  umph! C-Cardlin, um, let go, I have to get to work-" You struggle against him gently,his paw  lying heavily on your back,your face buried in his fur,the soft scent of cinnamon and evergreen filling your senses.

You shake your head,and blush softly,trying to sit up.

"Come on,Cardlin? We can't stay here- not with you like,er, this." You feel him huff again,growling softly,but he let's you go,rolling clumsily on to his paws. You laugh a little,as he plops down hard on his bottom,licking crumbs off of his paw.

"How on earth did you get yourself in this situation In the first place?" You mutter,pulling his beanie back snuggly on his head, just as you remember his clothing dilemma,just as Daniel walks into the room hand and hand with Beatrice,laughing at something she said,and you hastily topple on top of Cardlin without thinking,trying to cover him up. Beatrice raises an eyebrow at you,as Daniel takes in the mess,not noticng Cardlin.

"Er, Y/N what did you do-" Daniel starts,glancing  at the mess,and your awkward position,and he frowns,the space between his dark brows wrinkling in the cutest way,just like it use to when he'd laugh to hard at something you said. You wince,trying not to get lost in a memory,and you realize that with everything that's happened in the past 24 hours,you hadn't really had the chance to miss him,and now, your chest felt like it was on fire,and you look away from him,glancing down into Cardlin's brown eyes. You wince a little trying not to notice Cardlin's bare torso under you,his breathing uneven, possibly because of your weight on top of him.

"What the- Who the hell is this?" He exclaims,glaring down at him. That burning feeling in your chest is yanked right out,and you sit up,glaring up at him. How dare he be jealous, you could see it his eyes,his face an angry red. His hands still clasped with Beatrice,a smug grin tug at her lips.

"Why do you care?" You hiss harshly,and you sit up.

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that your destroying property just to fufill your horny needs." He says,his words dripping with poison. You stand up quickly,forgetting about Cardlin's current state for a second,getting as close to Daniel's face as you can.

"Me? What about you? How could you do that to me? You coward. I would have taken it perfectly well,if you just told me you didn't love me to my face" A lie,but you would have preferred that over walking in on that little scene the other day.

He blinks down at you,his eyes still burning with jealousy,but he stayed quiet,shaking his head,and stepping back a bit.

"And for your information." You say,turning away from him,Cardlin sitting with his legs crossed awkwardly,a light dusting of pink on his cheeks.

You smile a little at him,helping him up,and wrapping your sweater around his waist. "This is my boyfriend." You say,the words tumbling out your mouth refusing to catch up with your brain. You take Cardlin's hand,glaring at Beatrice, her eyes trailing over him.

"And he's mine" You hiss at her as you storm pass them,pulling Cardlin back towards the entrance. Tears pricking at the edges of your eyes.