16.

You held your breath and bit thumb as the match went on. The spring tournament had started and although you knew that the team had been working their butt's off in practice, you were still nervous. Considering you'd been to the finals every year, you knew how much of a nerve wrack the early matches were. Right now the team was facing Karasuno and they were on the last set. Too much was happening! It was so intense, you could hardly keep your eyes on the ball since something else would be happening at the same time in the opposite side if the court.

The points were racking up and right now karasuno were winning with one point. If they got another, they'd be victorious. The ball went back and forth when...the sound of it bouncing off of the floor reached your ears. You dropped the clipboard that was in your hand. The stadium went silent and karasuno and their supporters erupted in cheers and screams. The teams went to the side and talked to their coaches. "You fought well." Coach Irihata said and you watched as Watari cried into his arm and yahaba try to hold it in. You tried not to cry but after seeing Iwa cry you couldn't help it and tears flooded your eyes.

After the team left for the bus you looked around and asked, "where's oikawa?" The team stopped walking and looked to see if oikawa was with or near them. He was no where to be seen. "You guys get on the bus and go back to school. They'll be pissed if we don't get the bus back on time. I'm gunna look for Oikawa." They nodded and you waved as they left. You turned back around to the building and walked around to find oikawa. You searched for a while before going to the changing room. You opened the door and saw Oikawa just sitting on the bench in the middle of the room. He was hunched over with his back facing you. His head was leaning on his right hand and. "Oikawa why are you still in here?" You asked and moved towards him. "You were meant to be at the bus to leav-" you stopped after looking at him.

His eyes were puffy and red. Salty tears were drizzling down his cheeks and dripping off his chin onto the tile floor. He turned away from you so you wouldn't see. "Oikawa?" You sat down next to him and grabbed his shoulder. "Are you-"
"Why me?" You looked at him confused and he looked down. "Why am I the captain? I failed the team. If someone else was the captain then they could have received the ball and we could have won...I'm useless." He lifted his head slightly and you saw more and more tears run down his face. His nose was running and covered his eyes. "I can't do anything for the team! Iwa should have become the captain! They'd be better off without m-"
"BAKA!!" You yelled and karate chopped his head. You stood up and he looked at you shocked when he saw you crying.

"YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING!? YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CAPTAIN!? THEY'D BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU!? ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID!? THERE'S A REASON YOU WERE CHOSEN TO BE CAPTAIN AND NOT IWA AND YOU'VE HELP THE TEAM MORE THEN ANYONE! KINDAICHI HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH BECAUSE OF YOU! YAHABA ALWAYS TELLS ME HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO BE LIKE YOU!" You calmed down and said, "You help me everyday. Sometimes I wonder how one person could have sure an effect on me."

There was silence. Oikawa got up after a while and marched over to you. Your eyes widened when you felt his arms around your waist pull you into his chest and...his lips press against yours.

You froze and he pulled away. His forehead rested against yours and he look down in shame. "I'm sorry (y/n)-chan. You've told me before that you don't like me and I know I don't have a chance but..." He gulped and looked you straight in the eye. "I love you." You didn't reply. You were too focused on the sweet feeling he left in your lips.

"Sorry, I've made things awkward." He trailed off while scratching his head and not looking at you. You gently cupped his cheeks and leaned in slowly before closing the space between your lips again. The kiss was slow and loving. Oikawa was stunned and was still so when you stopped. "Your lips are so addicting." You whispered. "Why did you...?" You look up at him and smile. Your arms wrapped around his neck and you pulled yourself to his ear. "Don't you get it idiot? I love you. You're a trashy dipshit and a pain in the ass but I wouldn't want you any other way."

You grabbed his jersey collar and hid your head in his chest. "The way you smile at me everyday just makes me want to smother you with kisses and just thinking of you makes my heart melt." Oikawa smiled then hugged you. Diging his head into your neck he said, "Is that so?" in a sing song voice. "Don't be weird oikawa!" He pouted and whined. "(Y/n)-chan! I want you to call me Tooru!" You blushed and turned your head away from him. You mumbled his name and he grinned. "Hmm~ (Y/n)-chan you're a Tsundere aren't you."
"Fuck off." You growled and walked off.
"I'm joking! I'm joking!" He yelled and hugged you from behind. "At lease one good thing came out of today."

You smiled and grabbed his hand. "Come on."
"W-where are we going?" You did say anything and just continued to drag him through the streets. You ended up at a ramen place and you covered his eyes. "(Y/n)-chan, what's going on?" You opened the door then uncovered his eyes.

"Surprise captain!" The team shouted. Oikawa looked at them shocked. "What is-" Maki smacked his back and Matsu pushed him towards the table to sit down. "To the best captain ever!" Maki and Matsu yelled and waved their drinks around. "You guys are making a mess!" Iwa yelled at them. "What's going on?" The team looked at him and smiled. "Just a little thank you to our third years." Yahaba smiled. "But most of all for our captain and everything you've helped us with." Oikawa started crying again and covered his face.

You pulled out a tissue and wiped his face. "Told ya you've done a lot for them." He sniffed and kissed your cheek. "Thanks." You blushed and everyone looked at you. Oikawa blinked a few times then laughed and pulled you onto his lap. "Oh yeah, you guys weren't there." He gave the team a devil like smirk and moved his head near your neck. "(Y/n)-chan's mine." He kissed your neck and you elbowed his in the stomach. "Tooru I SWEAR TO GOD!" You blushed and smacked him.

The team were silent when Watari, Maki, Matsu and Yumi yelled, "It's about time!" They started drinking their 'coke' and cheering. You all ate together and tried to forget about the match to enjoy yourselves. Oikawa looked at you and whispered. "Who's idea was this?"
"Mine, Yahaba's and Kindaichi's." You answered and continued eating. "You're the best!" He yelled and jumped onto you. "I LOVE YOU (Y/N)-CHAN!" He kissed your cheek over and over again.

"Enough of the PDA Oikawa." Iwa said and he pouted. "Just let me love (y/n)-chan!!"