-Alright Who Invited This Guy?-

"Grover, where are we going?" I ask.
     "To Camp Half-Blood," he simply states.
     "Camp what now?" Farkle asks.
     "Camp Half-Blood. It's a protected place for people like you."
     "What do you mean by people like us?" Riley asks.
     "Wow you guys ask a lot of questions. Demigods. It's a place for demigods."
     "Well wha-"
     Grover cuts Farkle off, "Before you ask, a demigod is a half human, half god."
     "But-"
     "Think about it Farkle, have you ever seen what your mom looks like? Does your dad ever talk about her? Why you're so intelligent? Why you don't know anything about her?" For once, Farkle stays quiet and thinks about all of this.
     Suddenly the ground starts shaking. Grover stops and looks back and his eyes get wide. "We have to move. Now!" We all take off sprinting after him, but he keeps stumbling. We all pause and takes off his pants and shoes. "Ok, not to sound insensitive, but what exactly are you?" I ask. "Maya!" Riley exclaimed. "That's not very nice."
     "Don't worry about it. I'm a satyr; I'm half goat." We hear a growl and the ground started to shake even more. "Break time's over, let's move!" And we take off sprinting again. Poor Farkle, he doesn't run much and this is pushing his limit. We saw a hill with a tree sitting right on top of it. "There! Get past that tree and you'll be safe!" We continue to run up the hill when Farkle trips on a rock. The ground continues to shake as we see this hideous creature approach us. I can tell you this much, he's never won a beauty pageant before. "What is that thing?" Riley yells to Grover.
     (A/N: read Grover's part like a flight attendant) "That my friends is a Minotaur. If you would like to remain whole, and I believe you'd want to, RUN!" Riley and Grover rush to Farkle's aid since he twisted his ankle. You didn't hear this from me but Riley had always had a little crush on him. She'd kill me if he found out. So her getting to help Farkle was something she could check off her bucket-list.
     "How would you distract it!" I yell.
     "You have to dodge its charges! But no one is dumb enou- what do you think you're doing!?"
     "Distracting it," I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "You guys won't be able to make it up without a distraction so hurry!" Grover reluctantly turns around and Riley gives me a faint smile before they continue up the hill.
     "Alright ugly, it's just you and me," I smirk. Clearly, he's sensitive about his appearance and grunts. He starts to charge at me and I dodge at the last second to my left. I knock an arrow and hit his thigh. He wasn't too fond of that either, and howled in pain. I think I just angered the guy... He got ready to charge again, and I was ready. I shot an arrow for his nose ring and jumped out of the way. He ended up crashing into a tree, and I have to say, if I wasn't terrified, I'd laugh and take a picture. Not the right time.
     He gets up, shakes the branches from his horns, and charges again. When I try to jump out of the way, he held his arms in front of him at the last second. I didn't have time to process what was happening, and he grabbed me. He spun me around and I flew into a tree. I heard something crack, so either I owe the tree an apology or it owes me one. It isn't our day. My vision is blurry, but I make out him turning his attention to Riley, Farkle, and Grover. They're almost up the hill! I just need to buy them a few more seconds. I grab an arrow from my quiver, and sneak up behind the Minotaur. I run and leap onto his back. He wasn't too pleased with this surprise and tried to shake me off. I got a tight grip on him and shoved the arrow into his eye. He grunted and grabbed ahold of me, but I grabbed onto one of his horns. When he threw me across the hill, I felt a tug, and heard in grunt or yell or whatever you wanna call it. I realized I had rip off one of his horns! I'd throw it to the ground like a champion, but I can do that later when I can actually  feel my body. He looked up at me, and his eyes were blazing. I mean, I knew the guy had anger issues, but before he was just mad. Now he's full-on pissed like I get when someone takes a piece of food I mentally claimed. I quickly take the horn and load my bow with it. I take a deep breath and and let it fly. It pierces where his heart should be and he falls to the ground, turning into a pile of dust. I limp over to it and I spit on it. What a jerk.
     I examine myself and see so many cuts and bruises starting to form on my body. I see that Riley, Farkle and Grover reached the top and they didn't get hurt.  Oh my gosh, I am in dire need of some Advil right now. I'm bleeding all over(this was not a good day to wear a white shirt), I think I have a concussion, and I may have bruised my rib cage. It feels like someone's filled my lungs with shards of glass, so whenever I breathe, it's agonizing. I try to take a step, but I'm so exhausted right now, that I just collapse to the ground. I hear yelling in the distance, right before my vision goes black.

_____________________________

When I wake up, I feel like someone just threw me into a meat grinder. Everything hurts so much! "Hey, you're finally awake," a strange voice says. "Hey, go get her friends," he says to someone and they rush out of the room.
"Where am I?" I ask.
"You're in the infirmary."
"Are my friends okay?"
"Yes, one of them just twisted his ankle, but we fixed him right up."
"How long have I been out?"
"About 4 days."
"What!"
"Yeah," he laughs. "I have to say, you've got a lot of guts to do what you did, with the whole Minotaur situation. The whole camp's been talking about it."
"Not to sound mean, but who are you?"
"Oh, sorry! Where are my manners, the name's Friar. Lucas Friar." He sticks out his hand for me to shake. He has sea green eyes, dirty blonde hair, kind face, but was built like a horse. Those muscles, holy crap! "Did you just pull a James Bond on me?" I giggle.
"Yup. I'm a son of Poseidon. And the whole Minotaur thing, you're the second one to do that. My brother Percy was the first."
"Poseidon," I pause and think. "Isn't he the God of the Sea?"
He chuckles, "Yeah. You're pretty smart." I might've imagined it, but I think he just winked at me. Suddenly, the doors burst open, and Riley runs to where I am and gives me a bone-crushing hug. "Riley," I wheeze. "Riles!"
"Riley! You're gonna knock her out when she just woke up!" Farkle says as he pulls her off of me. She starts to blush out of embarrassment. "I'm so sorry Maya! Are you okay? Please don't pass out on me again!"
"It's ok," I smile. "But I could really use some pain killers. Do you have any?" I ask Lucas. "Ya, drink this," he hands me a glass.
"What is this?"
"Do you wanna feel better?"
"Yeah."
"Then drink it."
He better not be drugging me. I drink it, and it tastes like the tuna melts my mom would bring from the diner. It's one of my favorites! I immediately start to feel better, and my aching goes away. "Do you have anymore?" I ask.
"I think you've had enough," Grover says, as he carefully takes the glass from my hand and sets it down. Everyone starts staring at me.
"What? Is there something on my face?"
"Ok, she'll be ok. Why don't you take her to the dining pavilion Lucas?"
"Sure, follow me Maya." I start to follow him and I look back at Grover. He whispers something to Riley and she starts smiling as she looks back at us. Seriously, is there something on my face? I suddenly run into Lucas since I didn't see him stop. A guy with black hair and sea green eyes like Lucas starts talking to him. He has a really pretty girl with him. She has blonde hair with intelligent gray eyes. She seems friendly, but she also looks like she could whoop your ass if she has to. They point at me, and Lucas nods. "Seriously, is there something on my face?"
"No, you're fine," he laughs. "Maya, I'd like you to meet my brother Percy and his girlfriend Annabeth." They stick out their hands and I shake them. "Hi, I'm Maya."
"We know who you are, you're the one giving Percy a run for his money with the Minotaur," the girl named Annabeth laughs.
"Oh, speaking of which! I should give you this." Lucas reaches into his pocket and pulls out the horn I yanked off. "I believe this belongs to you." And he hands it to me.
"Hey! I have one just like that," the guy, Percy says.
"Sorry to break it to you, but this one's mine," I laugh. "I've got the bruises and cuts to prove it." But when I look down, I notice that most of them are faded.
"You gave her ambrosia? How did you know it was safe!" Annabeth shouts.
"I didn't until we gave her some," Lucas smiles sheepishly.
     "Oh my gods, do you have any idea what could've happened to her?"
     "Well, nothing bad happened and now she's all healed! Listen, we have to head to the dining pavilion before all of the good food is gone." And with that, Lucas grabs my hand and we walk away from them. After a bit, I cough and Lucas looks down. He blushes and quickly lets go of my hand, and continues to walk. Aww! He looks so cute when he blushes! "So you and Percy are brothers?" I say wanting to break the silence.
     "Yeah. He's pretty cool, but he never shuts up about Annabeth. I don't have a problem with her, but it gets kind of annoying after a while, ya know? At least she helps me prank him sometimes."
     "How are you two related. I mean, you look nothing alike, except for your green eyes." He laughs and explains, "A god can have more than one child. You see, they are very busy, and like having kids... You know, I don't really know how to explain it." He scratches the back of neck, "The point is, same dad, different mom. So do you know who your god parent is?"
     "Nope. I didn't even know all of this stuff was real until a few days ago."
     And with that. We reach the dining pavilion. When the doors open, everyone becomes silent and stares at us. Why does everyone keep staring at me!