-This is Why You Ask for Directions-

After breakfast(Lucas and I won by the way), I thought I'd try to find an archery range or training room. Lucas offered to show me, but I wanted to see if I could find it on my own. Next time, I'll ask for directions... I can't find it. I spot a staircase that comes into view. Maybe it's up there and I start climbing. Four flights of stairs later, I see a trap door right above me. I see a cord, and I pull it. I jump back as a wooden ladder clattered down from the door. I almost run back down those stairs, oh my gods! It smells so horrible, it would make onions cry. It smells like rotting wood, mildew, and a little bit like reptiles. Curiosity overrules my disgust. I hold my breath and climb up.
     This room is filled with Greek hero junk, and everything is covered in cobwebs. I walk around and see some stuff with tags and plaques. One caught my attention. It was an eye and the plaque read MINOTAUR EYE, CAPTURED BY MAYA HART. As honored as I am, that's just gross. Who put that up here? I keep looking around, and spot someone else here. "Hello?"
"Hey," says a girl. She steps out so I can see her. She is pretty tall, slim, has green eyes, and red hair. "I'm Rachel. Rachel Elizabeth Dare." She holds out her hand and I shake it. "What brings you up here?" She asks me.
"I was looking for the training room, but I couldn't find it. Could you help me?"
She smiles, "Sure! Follow me." She leads back down the way we came and we start heading to the training room. I think.
As we're walking, I couldn't help but ask, "What were you doing up there?"
"I wanted to see all the cool stuff up there. I haven't been up there in a while and I think it's kinda cool to see what trinkets and trophies are up there. Congrats on the Minotaur eyeball by the way!"
"Oh that? I didn't know that was up there. Do you have any idea who put it up there?"
"Yeah, it was-" Rachel suddenly doubles over like someone's just punched her.
"Oh my gods, Rachel! Are you ok?" She straightens up and when she looks up at me, her eyes glow serpent green. I take a step back, "Umm, Rachel? Are you ok?" She starts speaking, but it sounds as if there's three of her:
Five shall go west, to find stolen power ancient,
Searching sands of time, to ensure chaos' abatement.
Two shall find flame, two's devotion divided,
And a hero's arid suffering, a fate that must be abided.
At the last word, she collapses. I rush to catch her, and I hear someone clear their throat. I turn around, "Oh hey Chiron." I nervously laugh, "What's up?"

_____________________________

"I know what you think, but I swear I didn't hurt her!" I frantically explain. "You see-" He holds up a hand and I stop talking.
"I know you did not harm Miss Dare. However, a prophecy has been spoken. You see, she's our Oracle."
     "Wasn't that the Oracle of Delphi?"
     "Yes, and Rachel has taken her place. The spirit lives within her. How did you come across Rachel?"
     "I was looking for the training room, but went to the attic instead. I asked if she could give me directions, and she said sure. So we were heading there, and you saw what happened." He nods understandingly.
     "I suggest you get ready for next week. You will leave first thing."
     "Wait! Why me? What's so important about this quest?"
     "Did you have any recent dreams? What was it about?"
     "One had one of my close friends being interrogated about a 'him'."
     Chiron's face turns pale. "What? This is worse than I thought. You must leave first thing tomorrow!"
     "Not until you answer my question, what's so important about this quest and why me?"
     "Someone of Olympus is missing, you have to find them!"
     "What! Why me?"
     "You've been given not only one rare gift, but several. Demigods are never given more than one gift like the ones you possess. You have more abilities than your brothers and sisters. You are capable to do more than you know. Apollo has broken the rules by giving you all of these powers."
"So..."
     "So? So? Many are wanting to know how he accomplished these things. Normally these things are given to a god. I believe Enceladus has taken him and is holding him captive on Mount Diablo. Orion wants Apollo to do the same for him and his brothers. To make them even more powerful. If they aren't given what they want, they will send him to Tartarus on the summer solstice. Apollo has sent many there and it will not be enjoyable. The ones he has sent there will take it out on him personally and gods take a long time to reform."
     "Let me get this straight, I have to find a god I have never seen, also known as my father, before he is cast to a hell worse than you can possibly imagine?"
"That pretty much sums it up." I can't believe it! Now my dad needs me. Not once has he shown up to see me, but now I have to help him. No, I have to save him.
"What would happen if I didn't do this quest?"
"The world will slowly end. He is the god of the sun. No god of the sun, no sunlight to get rid of the night. No sunlight means no life. It's up to you now, no pressure."
"Woah woah woah, you cannot just drag in a bucket load of pressure, then say 'no pressure'." He shrugs his shoulders. "Ok, I'll ask four other people to help me on this quest. I'll leave first thing tomorrow. How long do I have?"
     "June 20th. That gives you about a month."
     Great.