-Running Into You-

Lucas POV

I touch my cheek and the biggest smile appears on my face. She just kissed my cheek. SHE JUST KISSED MY CHEEK!!!! Oh my gods this is the best day ever! Tomorrow, I'm offering more food to the pavilion fire. I jump up, do a fist pump, and yell a quiet "Yeah!" when I hear someone clear their throat. I freeze.
"Well someone seems happy."
"Hey Chad. Umm... how much did you see?" I slowly turn around.
"Just the jump you did." I let out a breath of relief. "And the little kiss that happened." Busted. "You like her," he points a finger and moves it in a circular motion.
I scoff, "Pfft, wha- no! I do not. I- you're not buying this, are you?"
"You really are a terrible liar."
"I know."
"Hey Lucas, what're you doing here?" Great, more people.
"I uh, I just wanted to take a small walk."
"Uh huh. Ok. Chad, what's he really doing here?" Percy asks him.
"Nothing!" I say quickly.
"Walking his little girlfriend home. Or, giving her a piggy back ride back, I should say," Chad smirks.
"What! You never give me any piggy back rides," Percy pouts. I shrug my shoulders. "She's not my girlfriend-wait! You said you only saw me do that 'little jump'," I look at Chad.
"I may have seen that too."
"What was he jumping for? He didn't have a crab in his pants again, did he?" Percy groans.
"Maya gave him a little smooch on his cheek," Chad starts making kissy faces and noises. I push his shoulder, "Man, shut up. I'm sure it was a friendly kiss."
"I don't know. Maybe not for you. Oh my gods, you're blushing! Percy, look! He's blushing!" I try to stay mad at them, but I just start laughing with them. "Oh, hey. Can you tell me about that little Capture the Flag strategy you guys used?" I ask Chad.
"Oh yeah! I almost forgot."
"Yeah, how did you beat us? Lucas is normally so focused," Percy says.
"Not this game," Chad chuckles. "To sum it up, Maya. Maya was the key to our victory."
"She does have a killer aim. I'd hate to be the one on the other end of that arrow," Percy whistles.
"It wasn't her accuracy, it was her."
"What do you mean by her?" I ask.
"Missy saw how you two were together. I mean, you volunteered to help her when she was brought to the infirmary, you always stare at her when she isn't looking, smile at her teasing and sass, which is pretty funny by the way. You cleaned her Minotaur horn for her, cleaned her wounds, polished her bow. Dude, you even cleaned that disgusting eye goop from one of her arrows. It's kinda obvious. And that's just before the game. So we just used that to our advantage." I look down. I at least thought no one saw me staring. I'm the world's worst ninja.
     "Don't stop now! I'm on the edge of my seat! What happened next?" Percy eagerly asks.
     "We all picked up on the little chemistry that you two had going. I mean, you'd have to be blind not to notice. To make this short, our plan was have Maya take the flag and get it as far as she could, luring you out. She would distract you while we'd help Missy run out and take it if Maya lost it. And from what Percy told us, not only did she kick butt, but she distracted you pretty well, didn't she?" Chad smirks.
     "Did not. I just wanted to boost her confidence by letting her team win," I lie.
     "Didn't you say that you wouldn't take it easy on her?"
     "Now you listen to what I say. Where were you when I said trying to ride a pogo stick on top of a moving skateboard was a bad idea?"
     "Yeah, that was pretty bad. But Percy said you blasted her twice with water. You even pinned her to the ground-"
     "Ok, I got it! Your stupid plan actually worked," I mumbled the last part.
     "What was that?"
     "I said your stupid plan worked," I mumble a little louder.
     "What? A little louder." He puts a hand to his ear.
     "It worked!" I say loud enough for him to hear.
     "Aww, thanks. I know, but it was actually Missy's plan."
     "That makes more sense."
     "Alright, we better get to our cabin before we get busted," Percy stands up.
     "Goodnight." We all say and Percy and I start to head to our cabin. "So you like Maya, huh?"
     "Yeah. Is it that obvious?"
     "You did give her your favorite sweatshirt. And let her call you Huckleberry. And gave her piggy back rides. I'm your brother and you don't give me piggy back rides! So yes. At least she's kind of oblivious."
     "She's just different. I want to get to know her more. She's so..."
     "Pretty?"
     "Beautiful! She's got these eyes that just- and this hair, wow. And her smile-" I sigh.
     "Someone's got it bad." We reach our cabin and walk in. "Goodnight Huckleberry," Percy yawns.
     "Goodnight Seaweed Brain."