-Let's Play-

I look up at Lucas and he looks down at me and smiles. He grabs my arm and we get in line for food. I see people throwing the juiciest looking steak, the ripest fruit, the best looking foods into a fire. "Hey Lucas?"
     "Yeah?"
     "Why is everyone staring at us?" Next thing I know, I'm being surrounded by people. "Oh my gosh, you're Maya Hart!"
     "Did you really take down the Minotaur?!"
     "Wow you're really pretty!"
      "I thought the one who took it down was a dude?"
     "You should be apart of my cabin!"
     "No way, she's apart of ours!"
     "SILENCE!" Everyone quiets down and looks at the person the voice belonged to. I follow their glances and see a guy in a wheelchair. "That's Chiron, he's head of the camp along with Mr. D," Lucas whispers to me.
     "Everyone, I'd like you to meet our newest member, Ms. Maya Hart." Everyone starts applauding and I give an awkward wave and smile. I mean, I don't know any of these people, but they all know me. "Now, after dinner, we will be playing a game of capture the flag." Everyone starts cheering again. "So hurry and finish dinner." Everyone resumes eating and talking. I grab my food with Lucas's help. We make our way to the fire and Lucas throws in the sweetest looking fruit. "Why'd you do that?" I ask.
     "It's an offering to the gods. To thank them for all they do. Your turn." I throw in some fruit and awkwardly say thanks. It then smells like fresh baked bread. That's kinda weird...
     I try looking for Riley and Farkle, but I can't see them. "They're over there," Lucas points.
     "Thanks," I smile. "Do you wanna join us?"
     "Sure, I'd like that," he smiles back. As we're walking to where they are, a girl jumps right in front of Lucas. She was pretty tall, had black hair, brown eyes, and had perfect makeup on. She looks like a Barbie doll that smells like Christmas, whereas I probably smell like a dumpster. "Hey Lukey," she bats her eyelashes. He sighs and rolls his eyes, "Hey Drew."
     "So I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me."
     "Oh, sorry. I'm gonna sit with Maya and her friends."
     "Why? I mean look at her, she looks horrible. Why would you associate yourself with her."
     "Umm, excuse you. I'm right here," and she finally looks at me.
     "I know."
     "Then quit talking about me as if I'm not here."
     "Why would I do that?"
     "Because that's rude. Ever heard of manners?"
     "Honey, I don't do manners. Why don't you go back to whatever dumpster you came out of."
     "I'm so offended." I dramatically put a hand over my heart. "Let me add that to the pile of shits I give. Oh wait! The pile is empty." Then Lucas starts laughing. He then sees Drew's face and tries to contain it, but is failing miserably.
     "Why you little-"
     She gets cut off by another girl that approaches us. "Drew, just leave them alone," she says. This girl has brown hair and perfect makeup on too. "Hi, I'm Missy." She sticks her hand out for me to shake and I do. (A/N: I'm not making Missy mean. I feel like a lot of people do that) "I'm-"
     "Maya? I know. Girl, you kick ass," Missy laughs. She turns back to Drew, "Drew just leave them alone."
     "Did you hear what she said to me?" She yells.
     "Yeah, and someone had to fight back. Honestly, you didn't expect her not to say something, did you? Just leave them alone. This wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have been being yourself."
     "But I wanted to talk to Lukey," she pouts. I almost burst out laughing this time, this girl cannot take hint! Plus, Lukey? Nah, he looks like a Huckleberry.
     "He doesn't want to talk to you. It's called being polite. And right now you're really pushing it." Missy looks at us and motions her eyes telling us to escape while we can. Lucas taps my shoulder and motions for us to go. We quietly speed walk to where Riley and Farkle are and set our trays down. We quickly take a seat and start eating before Capture the Flag starts. "Maya, slow down! You might choke!" Riley says, shocked.
     "Hey I'm hungry and haven't eaten in four days. Don't judge." I soon finish my food, and notice everyone staring at me again. "Quit staring at me! Man you guys are judgmental," I say, annoyed. Lucas smiles and mutters something. I think he said Well can you blame them? I pretend that I didn't hear him.
     "Hey, I never said anything. I've just never seen anyone eat so fast! That was kinda cool," Lucas chuckles and continues eating. "Missy's pretty cool," I say Lucas.
     "Oh yeah, she's the temporary counselor of the Aphrodite cabin while the other counselor, Piper, is gone for a quest."
     "She seems pretty nice."
      "She is, you see that guy over there?" He points to an African American guy, surrounded by people wearing spikes and scary stuff. "That's Billy, her boyfriend. He's a son of Ares. They're crazy for each other. I think they fit kinda well together."
     "Oh guys! Did you hear what someone was saying to that girl over there?" Farkle laughs and points to Drew. "That was kinda funny. I don't know why the girl is such a jerk though."
     "Who?" I ask.
     "Drew."
     "Oh yeah, I don't know what her problem is." We start talking and laughing, when suddenly a horn goes off, getting everyone's attention. "Alright everyone! Time to play capture the flag!"
     "Wait, where do we go?" I ask Lucas.
     "You guys will go to the Hermes cabin. No one has claimed to be one of your parents, so-" he cuts himself off and stares above my head.
     "What is it?" Everyone turns to look at me again. What is with this camp! Have they never seen a blonde before? I look up and see a lyre shining in a golden light circling above my head. I look at Lucas, "What's happening?"
     Everyone is silent, and a few have their mouths hanging open. "Oh my gosh!" I hear people whisper. What's happening? Someone elbows Chiron and he finally speaks up. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the newest member of the Apollo cabin. Will Solace, come forward," he yells. A blonde guy comes forward and introduces himself. "Please show Ms. Hart all she needs to know before Capture the Flag, you have 15 minutes." As we turn around. Everyone looks over at Farkle. He looks up and sees a glowing gray owl circling above his head. Who claimed him? Everyone eyes widen and they turn to Chiron. "Umm, Annabeth. Annabeth Chase, come forward." I see her walk up to him and introduce herself. "Welcome to the Athena cabin," she smiles. "Come on, we better go get ready before the games start." Before they walk off, everyone turns they're attention to Riley. They look above her head, and she looks up too. But nothing happens. Poor Riley, I hope she gets claimed soon. Everyone starts heading off, but I hear Lucas calling for me, "Maya, MAYA! Wait up!" I turn around and he takes something out of his pocket. "Here." He hands me my hair tie and bobby pin. "Thanks Lucas," I smile.
     "No problem," he smiles. "And Maya?"
     "Yeah?"
     "Don't expect me to take it easy on you." He winks and runs to Percy. This is gonna be fun.