-Anyone Have Marshmallows?-

Maya's POV

I wake up to the pleasant surprise of more chains, note my sarcasm. Why is it darker than what it was before? "Finally! I didn't think I'd knocked you out that long."
I may have been unconscious, but I'd know the sound of betrayal. "Sorry my unconsciousness interfered with your schedule," I growl at Nathan. "Shouldn't Enceladus be here instead of you?"
"Oh he is, he just went to get some supplies for... well, you'll find out soon."
"How could you do this?"
"Oh trust me, you don't know all that I've done," he smirks.
"What are you talking about?"
"I-"
"Maya?" I lift my head and see Apollo right in front of me. At least I think it's him. I can't recognize him from the last time he appeared in my nightmares. His hair is sticking to his face, dirt and grime all over him, bruises and cuts all over his body, Ichor completely smearing his toga, and he looks super skinny and weak. What have they done to him?
     "Dad?" He smiles, but groans.
"Ok, smiling hurts. I'm glad you're ok."
"I wish I could say the same, you need help. Why Nathan. And why even go after Apollo?"
"Because of what he's done for you!" he yells at me. "It's never been done before! You don't even know what you're able to do or how to control it. You shouldn't have those powers! Why would you give her these powers?" Nathan demands.
"I knew she would have potential. She has a good heart and wouldn't let greed tempt her." The ground starts shaking and Enceladus appears. "Glad to see you're both awake," he booms. I wish I wasn't, I think.

_____________________________

Lucas' POV

We follow Enceladus so he'll lead us directly to where Maya is. We reach the chamber and hide behind some rocks. "This is your last chance Apollo. Give us those powers or suffer."
     "No. I will never betray Olympus."
     "So be it." I peer from behind the rock see a leather whip in Nathan's hand. "Each time I ask and you deny, Nathan will hit Maya with this whip. The number of hits will increase each time you refuse. Nathan." Apollo looks away as Nathan raises the whip. He hits her and Farkle holds me down. I hear her grunt. I look back at her and see blood from the same gash from the Furies. "Now, will you cooperate?"
     "Never."
     "Very well." He looks at Nathan and nods. Enceladus holds Apollo's head in place and makes him watch. Nathan whips her two more times, the last one causing a scream. I clench my fists.
     "Give us those powers."
     "No." Nathan raises the whip again and I've had enough. I throw Farkle off(I'll apologize later). I run out there and take one of the hits. It wraps around my arm and I yank it from his grip. I can tell it catches him off guard. I hear Enceladus laugh. "Is this the 'lover boy' you were telling me about?" he asks Nathan.
     "Yes sir." I manage to break Maya's chains and catch her as she falls.
     "Prove yourself to me, dispose of them. And the little nerd too." He knew we were here? Farkle comes out from behind the rock.
     "Go Lucas. You need to get out of here!" Maya says.
     "And leave you like this, no way." I help her up and Nathan throws a sword at our feet.
     "Pick it up." I lean down to do so, but Maya stops me.
     "It's my fight." She bends down and picks up the sword.
     "Maya, you can't. You-"
     "Back up. You aren't going to change my mind."
"Wait!" They turn their attention to Farkle. He takes something out of his pocket. "I brought it in case of an emergency. Right now, it's an emergency." It's ambrosia. Maya takes it and eats some. Some of her wounds close up and she looks a bit stronger. Where was this a few weeks ago? Suddenly, Farkle and I are being shoved back into a cage. "I don't want any interferences. You two will be next," Enceladus says. She looks back at us, and Nathan's sword slams into hers, "Don't you remember the first thing I told you?"
"Yup." With that, she kicks his knee and he loses his balance. While he's stunned, she knocks his sword out of his hand. It lands a good 20 ft behind them. She points the sword at his throat, "Looks like I'm not the only one that forgot." I thought she'd just won, but it doesn't feel right-something's off. He kicks her hand and the sword goes flying. He knocks her down, but she doesn't go down that easy. She lands on her back, but knocks his legs out from under him. She rushes to get her sword, but Nathan grabs her leg and pulls her back. She falls and Nathan gets Maya's sword. Maya gets back up and takes out her hair tie and bobby pin. She moves her hand over it and they transform. She knocks an arrow and shoots. It gets lodged in Nathan's shoulder. He grabs his shoulder and Maya sprints to Nathan's old sword. She picks it up and faces Nathan. "You're better than I thought Hart." He sprints towards her and she dodges. He uses that to her advantage. He elbows her and shoves her to the ground. When she tries to turn around, the sword is being held over her throat. "But not good enough," he smirks.
"Just do it. Kill me already."
He hesitates. "Not yet. I want to see you guys suffer like I have. Especially you."
"Why?"
"You've gotten a special treatment you don't deserve. I do. You don't deserve any of it! So I killed Riley."
"You what?"
"I led the Furies to us. They clearly didn't do their job and you got out alive. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist helping 'a poor old woman'. They just failed at taking you to the Underworld. Then when we were riding the bus, I called Enceladus with my phone and told him to send the Corpser. It was supposed to take the bus down with you guys in it in the middle of nowhere so no one would be able to find your corpses, but it obviously didn't. The little bomb I had built, whoever detonated it wouldn't have survived. A little harness would launch itself and wrap around the detonator, forbidding them to leave. Unless you can control fire, you would die. I knew you would've gone to save your friends and little boyfriend even if you wouldn't have made it. You would do anything for them and no one could talk you out of it. What I didn't expect was that stupid Riley girl to take it and kill herself. What an idiot. She-"
     "You killed Riley?"
     "Technically yes. That bomb was meant for you. But seeing your pain-"
     "You killed my best friend!?" I see that she's starting to glow. Like a mini sun is trying to burst its way out of her. "Do have any idea how much she meant to me! She was my absolute best friend and the family that I never really had! She was the closest thing I had to family and you took her away from me!" Even Nathan is starting to get nervous. He starts to back up and Maya advances on him. "All along I thought you were a good friend. I never thought you would've stabbed us in the back like this. You took away who matters most to me. I trusted you!" Flames start to radiate off of her. Her hair looks like it's apart of the fire around her. She moves her hand and fire shoots out from it like a knife. "We all trusted you! You had friends and family who cared about you. We all treated you like family. But that wasn't good enough. Only one person had to physically show you that you were somehow better than everyone else. You know he couldn't do that, but you didn't care. You had to be the best. Now all you care about is making people suffer. You take away what matters most to them to see them break. How can that make you happy!? You're a monster!" I see that Maya's crying and Nathan's back runs into a wall. It seems the more crying or emotion she feels, the bigger the flames get. I look up at Enceladus. He looks nervous, but Apollo has a blank expression. "You are a sick and twisted demon! No one deserves to have what matters most to them taken away from them by someone of whom they trusted! This is for Riley." She shoves the flame-projected knife into his stomach. He looks so surprised and his body starts shining like hers was. She twists her knife and Nathan disintegrates into a pile of ash. She collapses and flames start swarming her.
     "What's happening!" I yell.
     "She's experiencing emotional trauma! If she isn't calmed down, this mountain will erupt!" Apollo yells. The flames grow bigger and the mountain starts shaking. She starts to rise with the flames still circulating around her. I hear her scream and light emits itself from her. The fire is getting so big, Enceladus shields his eyes, Apollo's chain and beams disintegrate, and the cage that held me and Farkle crumbles to the ground. Enceladus yells and I see the side facing Maya crumbling to ash. Apollo helps Maya and shines even more light. It gets so bright that Farkle and I have to turn away if we want to keep our eyesight. I hear him yell in agony, and it suddenly stops. It gets a little dimmer and I see that Enceladus is no longer there. The cavern continues shaking and Maya is burning brighter. Lava starts shooting from the ground and I know that we have to get out of here. I slowly start making my way to her, shielding my eyes. I get close and hear her sobbing. I grab ahold of her hand and pull her into a hug. The fire starts extinguishing around her and she faints, but lava is still breaking through. The mountain keeps shaking. "It's going to collapse!" Apollo yells. He puts his hand to his mouth and whistles. A flaming chariot pulls up. "Get in!" I carry Maya and Apollo carries Farkle into the chariot. He points to Farkle, "You drive. Just don't crash." We take off, leaving what's left of the mountain to crumble to the ground.