Chapter 6

House at top^

AmeliaPOV

"Hey Mom."

I said as I walked into the house.

"Hi sweetheart. I made-"

She stopped talking as Hunter walked in behind me.

"Oh. Hello Hunter. Are you two studying here today?"

She asked politely.

"Actually Mom... Hunter wanted me to come to his house... For the weekend."

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh! Well.."

She pressed her lips into a tight line, difficulty rising in her eyes. Hunter took my hand and smiled his charming smile at my mother.

She sighed.

"Alright. Amelia, I'll help you pack. Hunter help yourself to a cookie on the counter. We'll be down shortly." Mom smiled.

We made it to my room and I got out a large overnight bag that could actually fit two days and nights worth of clothes and things I need.

"Amelia.."

I turned and smiled at my Mom.

"You're not planning anything... Special... With Hunter so soon... Are you?" She asked.

I smiled and shook my head.

"No. Not right now, Mom." I said.

She let out a breathe.

"Oh thank goodness. My little girl." She said.

I chuckled.

I got the last of my things and picked up my bag.

Mom went down first and I quickly had a cigarette that hopefully would last me. I can last a whole school day... I'll be fine.

I made my way downstairs with my Mom behind me and I smiled at Hunter who was waiting patiently. He walked up to me and took my bag gently. He bid my mother goodbye after talking with her a few moments and we walked to my truck, hand in hand.

"Mind if I drive?"

He gave me a pouty lip.

I giggled and handed him the keys. We got in the truck and he started the drive to his house. I made sure to make a note of how to get home come Monday.

When we pulled up to his house, my jaw dropped.

"Wow.." I beamed.

He chuckled and we got out of my truck.

He took my hand and we started on the pathway to the door. He opened it and we stepped in.

"Pap I'm home!" He called.

I still gawked at the inside of the house as we took our shoes off.

"Hey Isaac."

Hunter said to a guy that came out of another room.

I kept from gawking at the guy. He looked around eighteen. He looked at the two of us and said 'hi' before walking somewhere else in the big house.

"That's my brother Isaac. He doesn't say much. He's a senior but they're taking a while to get his transcripts sorted out at school. He should be there on Monday or Tuesday."

Hunter filled me in. I nodded as a man around his thirties came down the stairs. My eyes widened but I controlled my surprise. This must have been his Dad. His family... They were all so good looking. Hopefully I would get used to this.