Chapter 10

AmeliaPOV

It was now thanks giving and Hunter and I were still going strong. I was going to his house the day after thanksgiving. Which that was today and I had no idea what to wear. I don't want to expose skin but I feel like I look bad in everything. I bit on my thumb nail and decided on a fancy yellow shirt with fall leaves and blue jeans.

"Is this okay?" I asked Hunter.

I had made him go out of my room so I could get dressed. He smiled at me and chuckled.

"Baby why do formal? My family loves you."

He said and kissed me gently. I didn't want just that this time though. So when he tried to pull away, I leaned forward and kissed him passionately. His hands slowly and gently rubbed my sides and I put my hands on the plates of his chest. He's just so tall I can't reach to wrap my arms around his neck. And besides his muscles are sexy.

"Amelia.." He whispered

I slowly pulled away, giving him one more soft kiss.

"You don't want to kiss like that?" I asked

My heart sunk for a moment and I tried to pull away but he held me at arms length and shook his head fast.

"Baby girl that's not what I meant at all. I love kissing you. It's just that we're going to be late."

He smiled and motioned to the clock on my bed stand. I smiled back at him.

"But first you should put..."

He looked over the clothes laid out on my bed. He then handed me a pair of even lighter blue jeans and a pretty pink shirt.

"...This on. Pink looks great on you."

He smiled and gave me another gentle kiss. He bent next to my ear and chuckled.

"And if I don't want to kiss someone as sexy as you... I might as well be gay baby." He said

I felt my face heat up as I began to blush when he kissed my neck gently. Then he pulled away and left my room to wait for me to get dressed. I bit my lip gently and lit a quick cigarette, smoked half of it as I dressed. I sprayed perfume to cover the smell of smoke and exited my room. I slipped on my converse and told my Mom goodbye. I took a pie from thanksgiving day yesterday at my house.

We got into my car and I let Hunter drive like always. A question came to my mind though and I furrowed my brows.

"Hunter?" I said

He took my hand gently.

"Yah?" He replied

"Why doesn't your family celebrate on thanksgiving day?" I asked gently

His smile seemed to fall a little and I tried to take my question back. He silenced me with his next statement.

"My Mother died on thanksgiving day. Early that morning." He said

My jaw dropped and a small gasp escaped my lips as we stopped at a red light.

"The cancer had taken her." He mumbled

I couldn't stop myself and unbuckled my seatbelt. I sat on my knees and leaned over, hugging him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered

He pulled away and held me a few inches away.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." He whispered gently

I was about to say something but he pressed his lips to mine. I heard his chair move back and he tried to urge me into his lap.

"I won't fit."