Chapter 16

AmeliaPOV

It was Christmas break. My Mom had invited Aaron and the boys over for dinner. We had a much too large roast for just my Mom and I. They would be arriving in a couple hours so I was tidying up the house while Mom cooked dinner. I had on jeans and a cozy sweater. In the last couple months, Hunter's family has gotten close to my Mom and I. I had been really good about smoking these last month's and I'm down to only one a day.

Hunter and I have fought some but we are still going good. And I know I said I wanted to wait longer than five months... But I'm starting to go farther and farther with Hunter. We have started to make out a lot more and he's touched me, only once or twice. We never really did anything intense. And the fact that we haven't has started to drive me crazy.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I grinned when I saw Hunter's hands on my waist. I spun to face him and gently wrapped my arms around his neck. He gave a grin so big it was kind of goofy.

"I didn't even hear you guys come in." I giggled when he pecked my lips.

He smirked and hugged me tight, not replying.

"You wanna go somewhere tonight?" He asked as he rubbed my back.

"Where?" I asked curiously.

He pulled away and sighed, brushing my hair back away from my face.

"Somewhere special." He said and my mouth made an 'oh' shape.

He chuckled at the face I made. He kissed my forehead.

"So is that a yes?" He asked.

We both knew what he was really talking about. I kissed his cheek and nodded as I bit my lip softly. He smiled and placed a long kiss on my forehead. I really do think I'm ready. I'm just so insecure is my only problem. But I trust Hunter. It's been four months or so.

"Dinner!" My Mom called.

Everyone made their way to the kitchen to see Aaron and my Mom setting the table with food and plates and silverware. Everyone sat together and we said Grace considering the special occasion. Dinner lasted a long time and everyone seemed to be having so much fun. I know I was. Once dinner was finished, my Mom and Aaron washed the dishes while The four of us "kids" cleaned up the kitchen. Once the kitchen was clean, Mom and Aaron were left with dishes.

The four of us sat and watched TV in the living room. I convinced them all to watch Charlie Brown. I sighed happily, laying my head on Hunter's shoulder. Mom and Aaron joined us after about an hour. It was weird to have males in the house. It has always just been my Mom and I. I smiled as everyone talked softly and smiled at Charlie Brown. Sadly, all things have to come to an end. Aaron had work the next morning so he got ready to go.

Matt and Isaac trailed behind him and Hunter looked at my Mom.

"Would it be alright if I stayed the night Larinda?" He asked.

My Mom and him were now on a first name basis.

"Of course Hunter. As long as it's okay with your father." She smiled at him and then at Aaron.

"Fine by me. I'm sure Amelia can have you home whenever you choose." He said gently with a smile.

I nodded in response. The three of them exited the house and my Mom yawned.

"Oh my my my I can't remember the last time I had a full house like that. I'm beat. I'll turn in early if that's alright." She said tiredly.

Hunter and I nodded our heads. As she started up the stairs I remembered.

"Hey Mom." I said, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey what?" She replied, yawning once more.

"Is it alright if Hunter and I go out tonight?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes.

"Out where?" She asked curiously.

"He said it was a surprise." I said simply.

She nodded.

"That's fine. Just be home by eleven and call if you need me. My phone is on my nightstand so I'll hear it." She said and walked the rest of the way up the stairs.

I smiled and made my way back to Hunter.

"She said eleven?" He asked.

I nodded. He looked at the clock that read 8:00PM.

"We should head out. It's a half hour drive." He smiled gently.

I nodded and got up off the couch. I made sure everything was off in the house. The oven, the lights, the TV, etc. I then grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket.

"See you later Mom!" I called.

I heard a distant 'love u' as I walked toward the door.

"Love u too!" I said.

I took my key and locked the door before getting in the passenger side of my car. Hunter leaned over the console, kissing me passionately. This caught me by surprise. I soon kissed him back and he put his hand on the side of my neck, deepening the kiss. He pulled away too soon for me and I tried to lean back in. He chuckled and pecked my lips before sitting up straight. I smiled at him as my cheeks reddened slightly.