Chapter 14

Walking into the house see a very unhappy Gemma and Jax, Wendy knew she was in for something she just wasn't sure exactly what. She stopped, letting go of Abel's hand, and waited for him to greet Jax before directing him to play in his room.

"What's going on?" She asked Jax.

He pointed to the empty seat beside Gemma. "Sit."

"Jax," she chuckled anxiously.

"Sit down, Wendy."

She sighed but did she as told her. "Okay. I'm sitting."

"Both of you are going to back Julia Baroksy," he said in a firm tone. "You're going to stop talking to each other about her and anyone else." His blue eyes fell on Gemma.

"Why did you lie?" Wendy asked with a weak voice and watery eyes. "You said you weren't seeing anyone."

"We don't want it getting out," he explained. "And my relationships aren't your business, Wendy."

"Getting out? Like you can't trust me?" Offended, she scoffed and shook her head. "I've been clean for years Jax. I'm not that person anymore."

"You threatened to out us," he barked. "I thought I COULD trust you but you proved me wrong."

"I have no problems," Gemma sneered at Wendy. "I just want my boys to be happy."

"I'll get to you," Jax snapped at his mother.

Gemma, enraged and disrespected, drew her head back and glared at him, but still, she stayed put not bold enough to test his fury at that moment.

"I'm sorry," Wendy stammered. "I wanted my family back, I thought it was possible."

Jax shook his head. "It's not," he said with less anger. "I'm sorry Wendy. You'll always be Able's mother, you keep clean and you take care of him and I have no problem. I want you in his life."

Wendy nodded and hung her head. "I'll get out of here."

"Thank you, Wendy," he hugged her when she stood. Not speaking again until she shit the kitchen door behind her Jax turned his attention to Gemma.

"What?" Gemma snapped. "What's this about? She your old lady?"

"No," he said calmly. "Not that our relationship is your business but she's not. She could be, eventually though."

Gemma looked visibly put out by his admission. "I don't get it," she scoffed. "You have some kind of death wish? That girl is going to get you and the club in trouble."

"You're an old lady," Jax snapped, slamming is fist against the table. "You don't know what is good for the club. All this scheming with Wendy, with Nero, you're going behind my back."

"Nero?" She scoffed.

"Yeah," it was the biggest rage trigger for Jax. "Telling him to talk to Jules and trying to convince her this is dangerous, that was all you."

"That little bitch told you?" Gemma hissed.

"Yeah," he smirked. "I prefer the woman I'm involved with to be honest. She told me what he said, Nero wouldn't come up with that himself. It was you," he was silent for a long moment. "You're sleeping with him aren't you?"

"Who?" Gemma realized Julia didn't tell Jax everything she knew and she'd managed not to implicate herself. He wouldn't have asked if he knew what Julia saw, Gemma knew that for a fact.

"The spic pimp," he Jax huffed. "You're too obvious when he's around and getting him talk to Jules? That's how I knew. Him and Clay know about each other?"