Chapter 29

"I don't know," Jax sighed. "Shit, Ope, I love her but seein' that," he shook his head. "I don't want that."

Opie listened, his thumb and index finger pressed into his eyes, as Jax lamented. "You said she didn't really want to?"

"No, she kept saying she didn't want to and the look on her face, she hated it, but she still did it."

"I don't think I'd wanna be sleeping next to a female Happy," Opie chuckled.

"Come on," Jax groaned.

"You could always knock her up," Opie joked. "That would get her outta the game."

"Didn't that backfire for you?" Jax asked knowingly.

"Yeah, but Julia ain't Lyla," he huffed. "Lyla likes that shit." Opie looked angry to have to talk about their relationship. "Unless you don't wanna be with her but ending it might get messy."

"Like burned faces messy?"

Opie have Jax a dark look. "That what you want?"

"Nah." Jax just wanted to look at her and feel the same attraction he had before. He didn't want to feel equal to her in that world, or worse, as if she were a threat or competition. "I love her, ya know."

"Yeah, I get it," Opie nodded.

--

When Julia awoke, her vision still blurry and limbs weak, she saw Ryan on the phone making a frantic call. She inhaled a slow deep breath and tried to force herself to focus.

"I don't know what happened." He sounded panicked but his face was calm.

He was stalling, she could tell he was probably reluctant to actually kill her, and by calling Jax he was forcing himself to do it. Once word was out and Jax was on his way he had no choice. Sliding closer to the hall closet she took advantage of his weakened vision and opened the door a few inches to snake her hand in. Reaching the safe inside she blindly jabbed at the keypad, missing once or twice Belder hitting the right buttons to open it. As Ryan talked she pulled a knife and her father's Glock from the safe to arm herself.

"Stupid fuck," she hissed. He hadn't even tied her up, not realizing chloroform only lasted a few minutes, so Julia remained silent as she worked.

"I came by to drop off some paperwork," Ryan went on. "She's dead, Jax." As he spoke she saw him grab her gun from under the coffee table. "I'm sorry, man."

"Hey Ry," she shouted weakly as he ended the call. "You'd never make it you fucking moron." Pulling the trigger she shit him once in the shoulder and once in the neck.

--

Jax didn't need to hear anymore but Ryan kept talking. He hurried toward his bike with Opie in tow, jamming his phone away, and the two sped off to Julia's.

With tears in his eyes and red puffy cheeks Jax stormed into the apartment. He found Julia standing over Ryan's dead body, crying and shaking as she stared at him.

"He was gonna kill me," she whimpered as she dropped the gun. "Pussy was too scared so I got the jump on him."

"Jesus Christ."

As much as he hated he sight of her, gun aimed with her finger on the trigger, he never hesitated. Jax ran to her side and scooped her into his arms to carry her away from Ryan.

"I'll deal with this." Opie said as Jax disappeared into the bedroom.

"You okay?" He looked her over as he laid her on the bed.

She nodded, still crying, and pointed to her dresser. "I need clothes."

"Yeah, sure." He turned and pulled her some random shirt and shorts. "What happened?"

"He uhh, he broke up when I was in the shower." She explained, pulling the clothes on slowly. "When I came out into the hall he chloroformed me."

Jax closed his eyes and took the spot beside Julia and wrapping his arms tightly around her. "I'm sorry I wasn't here, babe."

"It's okay," she cried. "I handled it."

He grit his teeth as she said it. "Yeah, ya did."

"Will you stay?" She looked at him with wide, innocent eyes. "Please, Jax."

"Yeah," he kissed her temple. "I'll stay."

--

Another shortie! You guys still into this? I have more to come in you're all interested! Thanks!! Xoxo