your type

I used to be in love with you
You used to be the first thing on my mind

Calum just can't fucking believe it, he really can't.

he threw his phone on his bed and ran his fingers through his hair to try to stop himself from crying. he sat on the bed - the side that wasn't occupied by the offending phone.

6 months, Luke had been away for 6 months. it had taken calum 6 months to feel okay again. it had taken him 5 months to realize that being in love with Luke was pointless, all the blonde thought of him was a nice fuck.

he can remember the first time he met Luke. the lead singer was looking for a place to hide from fans mobbing him and Calum just happened to be working the cash register at the time he came in.

fuck, Calum can feel it. he can feel the flutter of his heart when he first saw Luke; he can smell the aftershave left on Luke's face; he can hear his heart practically in his throat as he stuttered on every word he said.

and that first night they spent together, man, it was good. just thinking about it has calum chubbing up a little in his jeans. he can hear the breathy pants Luke let out; he remembers running his hands down Luke's flushed chest, he remembers watching Luke's head bend back as calum fucked into him hard and fast.

Calum remembers it like it was yesterday, which is why it was so hard to let him go. Luke was on tour, he was never going to stay in one place for long, and Calum believing he would was the start of his problem.

in all friends with benefits, someone always ends up getting attached, in this case it was calum. Luke had no problem with sleeping with a person with no feelings attached, but for calum it was a different story.

the blonde had effortlessly stolen Calum's heart, but spending 6 months away from someone can really help you forget about them. Calum was right at the brink of losing his feelings for Luke, right until he just texted him that he's back in town and wants to meet up again.

------------

I didn't mean to say what I said
I miss you, I mean it, I tried not to feel it
But I can't get you out of my head

----------

calum is an idiot, or better yet, a love sick idiot.

he can't help to take Luke up on his offer and meet him. of course he falls right back for him the second they lock eyes. and he can't help but let Luke fall right back into his bed with him, it's tragic really.

it was rushed, it was beautiful, it was satisfying. it was exactly what calum needed to pretend he wasn't completely fucked (which was ironic because he was the one fucking luke). he could imagine that he and Luke were in a relationship, luke loved him and they were happy together.

he imagined waking up next to Luke in the morning to birds chirping and Luke's grumpy, deep morning voice. he pictured soft good morning kisses before they would get up and shower together. he hoped for him to suggest getting food, just for Luke to pull him back in bed to cuddle and sleep all day. Calum wishes to kiss his forehead and entangle their legs together; he prays that Luke would snuggle closer and whisper those 3 little words that would make all the difference to Calum.

being balls deep in Luke didn't do anything to help his shitty mind. his hips stuttered as he approached his orgasm, and right before he came he screamed the last thing he wanted to say

------------

And if you ever think of me
I bet I'm just a flicker in your head
And I want you to miss me
When I'm not around you

------------

"did you mean that?" they were both on their backs facing the ceiling, post orgasm, and Calum was trying to ignore what he said. it seems Luke isn't gonna let him.

"what?" Calum closed his eyes in an effort to block put the rejection that was soon to come.

"when you said you loved me, a second ago, did you mean that?" and Calum opened his eyes. this is what he wanted right, for Luke to be aware that he wanted more? then why did it his heart feel so heavy?

"of course I love you, how could I not?" the silence that followed was more than enough of a response, and Calum actually thought Luke was going to happily leave him with silence until he tried to speak and repair the damage

"calum, you know-" but calum had already got up from the bed and began putting on his clothes. "-it was no strings attached-" Calum wasn't listening, all he could hear was the pounding of his heart in his ears.

"luke I'm not going to pretend like I didn't know you were going to say that, I knew you didn't love me, but I'm done pretending I'm your type" calum grabbed his phone and his shoes and shut the door quietly behind him.

I break all the rules for you
Break my heart and start again
I'm not the type of boy you call more than a friend

yeah, he's a fucking idiot.

-----
I loved this one ngl

leave love!