favorite colour

But it's gettin' hard to slow down
Got me feelin' like it's real for sure

C A L U M

I opened my eyes slowly and quickly closed then again. the sunlight was streaming in through the opened curtains and right into my eyes. I closed them again and buried my face into Luke neck, hiding from the sunlight.

one of us probably forgot to close it last night. and judging by both of our lack of clothes and the scratches on my back, closing the window curtains was the least of our concerns.

I rolled over onto my back, pulling Luke on top of me. I knew he wasn't asleep anymore, and I was proved right when he wrapped his arms tighter around me and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"good morning angel" my voice was a little scratchy, my morning voice normally is.

"hey cal. I had a dream that we made doughnuts together" Luke's voice was slurred from speech and muffled by his face being in my neck. I laughed and rolled over so he was on his back and I was resting between his legs.

I leaned up and placed my chin in the middle on his chest. I reached for Luke's hands, laced our fingers together and rested them beside my head. I could never get tired of just looking at Luke. anyone could tell he was attractive: dark blonde hair, ocean eyes and a button nose would make anyone fall for him.

but it's different, it's the memories I think when I see him. everytime I look into his eyes I see love and adoration in them, it makes my heart skip a beat. his nose is the perfect size to place kisses on whenever, and the way Luke scrunchs it up after are my favorite. his lips that always seem yo be chapped, no matter how much chapstick he puts on. the smooth skin he just shaved, the small eye bags, every part of him looks perfect to me.

"hey" his hand is on my cheek, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look at him, actually look at him instead of staring. "what's up? you okay?"

his hand is slowly stroking my cheek, making me lean into his touch. our other hands are still wrapped together, resting on his chest. I can feel his chest move up and down with his breathing and the vibrations of his beating heart. the heart that's in sync with mine. I couldn't explain how it felt to be laying on top of Luke Hemmings, wrapped around Luke Hemmings, to feel everything he is and everything he will be and have it be everything I'll ever need. so instead I went with: "yeah, I just love you"

I mumbled, hoping to come off as nonchalant when really my thoughts are anything but. Luke smiled sleepily and squeezed my waist with his legs. "I love you too"

I wonder if he meant it the way I did. I wonder if he feels it, if he ever can't focus on anything because of me. I wonder if when I'm not looking is he tracing my face with his eyes and using it as a map through all the memories he has of me. I wonder if he knows that I feel more than just love for him, but love is the only word I can use to describe it. I wonder what it feels like to have calum hood lying on you, so in love he couldn't even put it in words. how could I show you?

------

Cause when I'm close to you
We blend into my favourite colour

-----

"flip over" I sat up off of Luke's chest and reached under the bed for my kit. Luke flipped over onto his stomach and rested his hands behind his head. I straddled his waist, and sat on the swell of his ass. I dipped my brush into a cup of water, before choosing a color.

I lightly pressed the brush to Luke's back, making him jump "'s cold" luke whined while I rolled my eyes.

my brushed dipped back into the cool colors and continued making the painting. I could keep his back muscles twitching everytime I place the brush down. his smooth skin is the perfect canvas for the picture I want to create. when I finished, I rolled off of Luke's body and layed on my stomach beside him, prompting him to sit up and pick up one paint brush.

"what do you want me to draw?" Luke was sitting criss cross beside my body and he placed the paints in front of him.

"whatever you want, angel" I felt the cold tip of the paint brush touch my bare back. the paint felt thin, he was using watercolors, his favorite. I rested my head against my palm and closed my eyes. my mind was floating around and all I could think of was Luke.

"done" I opened my eyes, and realized I may have fell asleep while he was painting. I sat up and used my phone to take a picture of Luke's back before showing it to him.

"I used acrylic paint and mostly cool colors. it really represents you, how everytime I look at you, I see galaxies"

 it really represents you, how everytime I look at you, I see galaxies"

(Luke's painting on his back)

Luke's face flushed and he bit his lip ring. he smiled softly and I had to bite my own lip to not aww at him out loud.

"I painted a water color sunset. it's all warm colors, and it reminds me of you alot. I don't know why, maybe because you make me feel warm inside too, but I think this represents you" now it was my turn for my face to flush.

 I don't know why, maybe because you make me feel warm inside too, but I think this represents you" now it was my turn for my face to flush

what does it feel like to love Luke Hemmings? it feels like a galaxy unexplored. and now I know a sunset on the horizon, warm and inviting, is how it feels to love me.

------------

this one is cheesy af

leave love!