warm blood

I've told a hundred lies
But I don't wanna tell you any at all

-------

calum threw his sketch book into a trash can on the the sidewalk. every drawing inside of it was complete trash and looked terrible. he stuffed his hands inside of his pockets and continued his walk down the street. he was an art student and had a large project due in a week. most of the other students were putting the finishing touches on their assignments, while Calum hadn't even started his.

his head was swimming with the possibilities of him not finishing in time and failing the class. the more he tried to not think about it, the more he though about it. he noticed a coffee shop approaching so he decided to enter and grab a coffee to go.

he opened the door and stood in line. while waiting in line he noticed the cashier. he was mesmerizing to look at: his smooth skin, bright eyes, and golden blonde hair making him a masterpiece. Calum was obviously staring at him, and failed to notice he was next in line, until said cashier knocked him out of him thoughts.

"what can I get you?" the cashier still kept a smile on his face even after calum acted completely weird.

"just a black coffee please" calum mumbled his order and looked down. after paying him, Calum walked over to sit at a booth. he purposefully chose a booth that had a good view of the cash register.

Calum couldn't help it, his mind was wandering with ideas and inspirations. he grabbed a pen from his bag and a napkin from the table and began sketching.

he drew a small pointed nose, and bright blue eyes. he included blonde tufts of hair and a dimple. he shaded the necessary parts added his frown lines. he gave him a bright smile. he then drew a background, that slightly overlapped the drawing. he was so involved in his piece that he didn't notice a certain blonde batista standing over his table holding a black coffee.

"is that me?" he asked instead of a greeting and stared down at the picture. Calum's face flushed and he scrambled to cover it with his hands, but he had already seen.

"um, yeah, i-it is" calum mumbled shyly as he put the napkin into his bag and the batista sat in the seat opposite him.

"it was really good! I'm Luke" the blonde held his hand out and Calum shyly shook it, still embarrassed about being caught drawing Luke.

"I'm Calum" luke slid Calum's coffee over towards him and leaned forward.

"do you go to the college here? I haven't seen you before?"

"yeah I go here, I'm an art major so you probably haven't seen me since I spend most of my time in the art wing." calum began sipping his coffee carefully, since it was still hot.

"oh that's cool, I'm a music major. I spend most of my time in the music rooms, or working here!" Luke's bubbly attitude and bright smile was the complete opposite of Calum's shy nature and quiet voice.

"so why were you drawing me? am I that good looking?" Luke made a ridiculous seductive face that made calum burst into laughter. Luke's face turned into one of suprise to hear Calum's laughter; it make his smile larger and his eyes shine with adoration.

"well I have a final assignment due, and I just threw away what I was working on. I'm trying to get inspiration from anywhere, and I guess you just caught my eye" Calum's faces had became rosy again and Luke's smile got even larger.

"I can be a model for you, if you want. I mean if you aren't already doing something else I could-"

"i would love that, luke. could we meet at the art wing tomorrow? like noon ish?" Luke nodded and stood up from his seat.

"I have to get back to work, but I'll be there!"

-----------

Calum was sat in the middle of the colleges largest art studio drawing in his new sketchbook. he had already finished filling his old one, and it was the fastest he's ever done so. he was finishing the shading on the petal of the daffodil he was drawing when he heard a very familiar chuckle.

"if I knew you already had a flower. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to get these" luke smiled and pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, making Calum's face flush. Luke walked closer to Calum and handed him the flowers.

"I love that" luke simply said as calum sniffed the beautiful scent coming from the bouquet.

"you love what?" Calum turned and placed the flowers on the table he was sitting at.

"how even after dating for a year you still get flustered around me" calum rolled his eyes and flushed again at Luke's words, causing luke to laugh again, "and by the way, happy anniversary"

calum leaned forward and wrapped his arms around lukes neck and shoulders, pulling him into a hug. Luke wrapped his arms around  Calum's waist and placed him on top of the nearest table, making Calum a head taller than luke, instead of their usual equal height.

"happy anniversary, can't believe you've put up with me for a year" calum leaned back a little and leaned the side of his face against the side of Luke's face, squishing their cheeks together.

"trust me, it's been hard" luke squealed afterwards from calum pinching his sides in retaliation. "what's my present?"

Calum rolled his eyes and pulled out of the hug to hop off the table. he walked behind Luke and covered his eyes with the palms of his hands. he guided luke towards the back of the studio.

"okay, one, two, three!" calum removed his hands from over Luke's eyes to reveal a large canva resting against the wall. it was a picture of two hands intertwined and the background was a swirl of colors. Luke knew the two hands were his and Calum's from the matching tattoos on each hand that they both got for their 9 month anniversary.

"I love it cal, but where can I put it? wait I know, how about I put it in our room?" Calum furrowed his eyebrows and frowned at Luke.

"what do you mean? we live in separate dorms..." calum trailed off confused until Luke pulled a key from his pocket.

"we don't have to" luke jiggled the key in the air with a large smile on his face. "we don't have to live in dorms next year, so I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me?"

Calum's frown dropped from his face and in seconds he was smiling wide. "yes, yes, yes! of course I'll move in with you!"

luke pulled calum closer by his waist and brought their lips together softly. god, luke was so glad calum decided to get a coffee at his store.

----------

so the second part was set a year into the future.

leave love!