Chapter 1

3 hour's before

NiKlaus' POV

It was only Wednesday and I was already bored out of my mind. School was...pointless. I am a 117, actually no 118 year old Vampire, and I still have to go to school. Of course it will be better when I find my beloved, but until then, I have to endure the torture of school.

So, to relax some, I decided to call my friend's, and then we are going clubbing tonight. I walked up the stair's, but paused when I heard my father calling my name. I turned slightly and saw him walking down the hall toward me. His face was relaxed, and his body slumped slightly.

"What?" I sighed, just wanting to get drunk already. He glared at me slightly before relaxing again.

"Today is your 118th birthday. It's the day you find your beloved." He stated. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly. I caught the look of worry right before it disappeared into that care free expression.

Even though my father was the kind of Vampire's, he was a very relaxed man at home. When I become king, I want to be like him. Always being there for my Beloved; having kids, all while being a great leader.

"Yes, I know. I can't wait." My mouth curved up into a smile. My father's face flashed with worry again, making my smile falter. I raised an eyebrow at him, silently asking what was wrong with him. He sighed and studied me for a second.

"Would you love your mate, even if she wasn't a vampire?" I opened my mouth to answer, but closed it right after. I thought about it for a second. Would I love my mate, even if she wasn't a vampire?

"Yes." I looked up into the intense green eyes of my father. He watched me for a second before he smiled and clapped me on the shoulder.

"Go have fun with your friends." He turned and walked down the hallway. At the corner, I called out to him. When he turned, I talked.

"Dad? Do you know who my mate is?" I asked, curiosity burning deep within me. He nodded, a sad look crossing his face.

"Can you tell me something about her? Not all of it, but just something?" He laughed softly.

"You'll meet her tonight, and it won't be a pretty meeting. But she's also had a really rough life. Give her a chance. Don't screw it up NiKlaus." He warned, his eye's flashing dangerously. I furrowed my eyebrows before nodding hesitantly.

He turned and walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. Questions were flying around my head, waiting to be answered.

What has my beloved been through? What i she if she isn't a vampire? How am I going to meet her? Can I save her?

_________________________________________________________________________

I was walking out of the noisy club, into the warm air. All night I haven't been able to focus. I kept thinking about my mate. What would she look like? How would she act like? Is she a bitch?

I was walking, when all of a sudden I heard sobbing. Now normally I would have ignored this, but I was curious. The sobbing led me to a bridge, and in return led me to my beloved.

She was beautiful, with her long wavy black hair, and big brown eyes. But they were missing something. Something that I've seen a million times. Hell I see it every time I look into the mirror. They were lifeless, dead.

She saw me and froze. I froze to, only for a different reason. Her eyes started to turn black, and then she uttered one word that changed me.

"Mate"