Chapter 4

Chapter 4 -

NiKlaus' POV

I hesitantly walked towards the beach. My mind was screaming for me to go back inside, but there was a pull. My soul was calling towards the beach, tugging me there until I had no choice but to go. I walked through the forest, the birds chirping and the animal's footsteps hitting the floor sounded in my ears lightly.

The suns rays hit my arms, my pale skin seeming even lighter in the day time. My skin looked to shimmer, but not in the Twilight Films way. More in the light reflects off my skin because it's hard like stone and smooth like glass. Not like I have a bunch of diamonds imprinted in my skin.

When my feet touched the sand, my eyes trailed upwards; away from the leaves and forest floor. My eyes roamed the deserted beach, the calm air settling around me. The sounds of waves reached my ears, relaxing my muscles and allowing me to let loose.

I looked around the dry land first, but only saw a light grey towel with flip flops and a pair of sunglasses. I was extremely confused because I knew that Ari would never allow someone to see her with out a long sleeve shirt on. So why would she take the risk of letting some one see her practically naked?

Because she loves surfing too much.

I jumped at the sound of a male's voice inside of my head. It was unexpected and I didn't like it. But it also sounded familiar, like I knew the person I was taking to- or is it thinking to?

The huskiness that was attached to it, and the depth of it, I just knew that voice. But from where? How exactly did I know this unknown person; who knows more about my Beloved than me?

Of course I would know more, I'm her twin brother. I also talk to her; which can say more than you. You've barely talked to her. You're ruining everything and I can't have that. You're supposed to protect her, not hurt her. So much for Fate!

The voice/ boy growled angrily, his voice echoing through out my head. I winced from the impact of it, before his words seemed to kick in and I winced again.

"Look, who ever you are, I will protect her. I am protecting her! Imagine how much more danger she will be in being mated to me; the next King of Vampires. Never mind the fact that she has Royal blood running through her veins. Plus, she's a werewolf!" I ranted slightly, trying to get my point across.

And imagine all the danger she'll get when you aren't there to help protect her from it. Or even save her from it. One day she will have her guard down for what ever reason and imagine what would happen if you weren't there to save her from all those danger's; both yours and hers. Save Your Mate, before you lose her...

The voice trailed off, leaving me with the after math of his words. Scenes and images repeat-ably flashed through my head of Ari in danger. Or of her getting kidnapped, or worse, killed. Before it could get worse, the voice suddenly snapped back into my head, his voice clearly annoyed.

As for the werewolf part; so the fuck what?!?! She turns into a wolf occasionally. You're telling me that if you had a chance you wouldn't want to change into an animal; any kind you want, when ever you want? If you don't your stupider than Joey on Friends and clearly don't deserve my sister. Also if you give her time, and maybe a reason to, oh I don't know, trust you? She might tell you a big secret that could change your input about the whole thing!

I didn't doubt that Arianna could change my mind about werewolves, but did I really want her to? I admit I was completely terrified to have a mate or find my Beloved because then I could lose her, or someone could have something over me. Something I genuinely cared and loved; something I feared losing more than life itself.