Chapter 10

I sat behind my desk, rubbing my head. We had gotten a bit too rowdy for my return. I drank a little too much with my father, my brothers, and mate brothers. We had all gotten a bit too drunk even with our high metabolism The thought amused me, none of the females in my family seemed to appreciate it. Katrina's shouting had been heard through nearly the entire fort. She was scolding Mason for going out and getting plastered with his brothers while she was stuck in bed with his son in her belly.

I could only imagine where he had to sleep it off. I couldn't laugh too hard, I had ended up falling asleep in the kitchen on the counter, my head above the sink. I woke up to my mother shoving me onto the floor with a deadly glare that silenced any protest I would have made. I had slunk out of the kitchen only to see my father slinking out of his and mother's bedroom. I could only imagine the tongue lashing he had received from her when he had come to bed.

I tried to focus on the papers for the mines but my head hurt too much to focus completely. My healing didn't help me from my own stupidity. I would have to ride the hangover out. My only consolation was that I wasn't the only one that felt I had been run over by a truck. I could count no less than five others who felt he exact same way. I also knew Aiden probably felt even worse. Though not as bad as Gabriel might have. He was currently courting Caeda and to be allowed into our family he had to be put through his paces. The poor boy.

My thoughts were cut short as my door opened, Clary bolted inside, heading straight for me with her arms out. Her green tutu and pink shirt clashed but I was at least thankful her pants were black so she wasn't an entirely colourful display. I chuckled, despite the pounding of my head and I pushed away from the desk, catching her small flying body.

"Zeezee!" She smiled up at me, her blue eyes twinkling with happiness.

"Hey, munchkin." I smiled at her, lifting her up so she sat on my lap. I always had time for my little sister. She wiggled and my smile grew wider as I pulled us both towards the desk. "What brings you here?" She giggled again.

"Mama said you wanted company! Tandi is coming too!" She covered her mouth with her hand and I bit back a groan. It was my mother's way of punishing me for my behaviour last night. I could only imagine what punishment her and Katrina and Larissa would be coming up for everyone else.

"Well, joke's on mother because I absolutely do not mind having two darling ladies keep me company for the day." I tickled her sides and she laughed, the silvery sound never failed to make me smile. I had gotten both her and Tandi a gift from the gathering but I wanted to give it to them while they were together.

"Mama says you found a pretty mate. That true, Zeezee?" She looked up at me, her gaze curious as she titled her head to the side slightly. The action reminded me of Lace slightly. I had wanted to find her last night but that had been cut short for the fact I could barely walk in a straight line or at all.

"She's very pretty." Clary didn't need to know the details about the mating. She didn't need to know Lace was overly aggressive or brutal.

"Really? Can I meet her?" She looked so hopeful that I didn't have the heart to tell her no.

"She's out on the mountain right now but you can meet her later. I promise." If she wanted to meet Lace, I would do my best to make that happen. She was the baby of the family, my littlest sister, I was fully aware she was spoiled to pieces by everyone in the family. All the kids were spoiled but Clary got the most of it due to being mother and father's last child.

"Pinkie promise, Zeezee." Her expression was serious as she held out her pinkie finger. I hooked it with mine.

"Pinkie promise, munchkin." We shook the clasped pinkies and she giggled before turning back to the desk, touching the papers.