John Carpenter's Halloween-The Night He Came Home-A novel

PROLOGUE: HADDONFIELD, ILLINOIS,

OCTOBER 30,

1963

HALLOWEEN EVE

The Myers House gleamed in the dark gloom of the small town.

Several orange colored pumpkins illumed the cream colored porch...Red colored candles glowed in its 'eyes'; several cars were parked down the innocent road in the ordinary street. Lamps also illumed the scary house that had a reputation for devil worship a century before.

While families let their children go trick r' treating...they ignored the house. And, nearby, was a thorn bush.

The bush was owned by Rory Audrey Myers, the six year old son of Albert Myers, the original owner. Albert was a strange man who left Ireland for America in 1863, and became a naturalised US citizen in 1866.

As time went by, if anyone passed the bush, they died from a mysterious fever. And died. The crisis was so bad, that the thorn bushes were destroyed.

And, afterwards, all of the Haddonfield locals ignored the Myers House...Until the next night, when pure evil claimed more lives...in the form of another six year old boy...Michael Audrey Myers.

It seemed to others that Myers's parents came from Ireland to America with hopes...and dreams. And visions of unity.

Peter Myers, 35, wondered why he married young back in 1948, aged 20. Three years' passed after WWII ended in April, 1945, and he needed a job.

He got a salesmen job at Haddonfield Sales. The pay was good. And he saved up a lot working with Charles Tramer, 36, who lived across the road from them.

"You got to go to Haddonfield because that's where the action is", was their motto. Yet, despite their wives insistence on changing it, it stuck...And that was the way it was.

Peter had a short, black colored hair, brown colored eyes, and tall; Charles had short, blue colored hair, brown colored eyes, and had an average height.

Peter wore a black colored shirt, black colored tie, light, brown colored trousers, a black colored belt, light, brown colored socks, and black colored. (polished shoes). And silver colored watches on his right hand.

They lived by the sword, and died by the sword. Honesty was the best policy. And, back then, before 1950, the new America was full of hope.

And, by the end of that decade, a new wave of disillusionment and despair spread like a cancer on the darkness in Haddonfield; a new wave of despair that reeked of evil that stained the town...and scared the locals until they were under attack by something that hid in the shadows; something that hid in the edges of the houses that inhabited the town; something that the insular people couldn't have dreamt could happen to them...

...And, when evil did come home...no one could kill it. Because the Boogey man wasn't a figment of peoples' imagination; the Boogey man was real.

***

By 1952, at the height of the Korean War, business was slow. Everyone was exhausted by another stupid war; another wave of violence in a foreign country. Everyone was sick of sending our boys to be murdered by the enemy; everyone was tired of death.

And, in the next ten years, Haddonfield saw the soldiers come home. They waved the US flags; they waved their hands in unison; they waved and waved, and showed why America was the Brave...and the Free.