Chapter Two-Halloween, 1978

PART TWO

The telephone rang.

"Hello? Hello? Hello? Who is this?".

And, on the other end of the line, the Shape chewed on its teeth...in anger.

"Why'd you hang up on me?".

"Annie, was that you?".

"Of course".

"Why didn't you say anything? You scared me to...death!".

"I had my mouth full. Couldn't you hear me?".

"I thought you were an obscene phone call".

"Now you're hearing obscene chewing; you're losing it, Laurie".

"I've already lost it".

"I doubt that. Listen...my Mother is letting me use her car. I'll pick you up at 6:30 PM". Annie finished the call.

"'Bye!", Laurie then put the telephone back on its cradle.

***

Calm down. This is ridiculous, she again thought to herself, as Halloween night was almost upon her, as she had a quick shower, then got dressed for tonight.

***

The dog was barking loudly outside the Myers' House. Its incessant yelps were irritating.

As The Shape watched Annie's house, he grabbed the dog with its right hands...and killed it. Then ate it, as a sacrifice to the Thorn cult.

***

HADDONFIELD MEMORIAL CEMERERY,

OCTOBER 31, 1978,

1:00 PM

Early in the afternoon...

Angus Taylor, 66, the Cemetery Caretaker, had grey/blonde colored hair, blue colored eyes, and tall. He wore a light, brown colored jacket, a light, blue colored shirt, and blue colored jeans. And a black colored belt on his waist.

His brown colored boots, silver colored watch on his left hand, and wedding ring on his right, middle finger, was covered in grave dirt.

Doctor Sam Loomis was with him.

"Let me see...Myers; Judith Margaret Myers. Row 18; plot 20". He received the Psychiatrist's weird phone call an hour before. And he scoffed that anyone would commit an act of grave stealing, or robbing. This wasn't Scotland in the 19th century; this was America, in 1978, "...Every town has something like this happen. I remember a guy over in Russellville...Charley Bowles...About 15 years' ago, he finished dinner, excused himself from the table...went out to the garage...And got out a hacksaw...

"...Then came back into his house...Kissed his wife, and two children, 'Good bye', and then proceeded to dismember them in the bathtub".

"Where are we?".

"Just right over there a ways. And I remember Judith Myers. Just couldn't believe it...A young boy like...that".

Doctor Loomis watched the frown crease the Caretaker's forehead.

"Lost?".

The Caretaker then saw that the grave of Judith Margaret Myers was stolen. Fresh dirt was on the ground.

And a massive hole that did house her since her murder on Halloween, 1963, was frightening. He shook his head.

"Why do they do it? Goddamn kids. They'll do anything for Halloween".