Before the Storm

The sun slowly started to shine through Serena's hotel window, as her eyes opened to first the rays of sunlight. She let out a soft groan and rolled over to face the darkest part of her room. She had gotten in late last night with her friends. After an eventful night out in Saffron City, the eyes of the mysterious Aaron are still dancing in her head.

She felt herself slowly begin to drift back to sleep before she noticed a faint sound out in the hallway. It was beautiful, yet terrifying at the same time. The sound originated from what seemed to be a flute.

She slowly begins to rise, as she comes to a sitting position, before noticing that one of the beds, next to her, was empty.

She sighed and chuckled, as she thought about Bonnie running around doing who knows what. Probably out doing some early morning training with Max again.

As for the music, she was curious about where was it coming from. She rose from her bed and slowly made her way into the hallway while trying to be as quiet as possible so that she doesn't wake either May or Dawn. She opens the door and the music started to get louder. She looked across the hall to the door on the opposite side.

With her curiosity peaked, she made her way to the door and was about to knock until the music stopped. She let out a little gasp as she heard footsteps begin to walk towards the door. She ran back into her room and closed the door. She began to breathe slowly again before she heard the opposite door begin to open. She couldn't take it; she had to know who it was playing that beautiful music.

She slowly opened the door and peeked her head out. Serena then saw Aaron walking down the hallway with his back turned to her and two Pokémon accompanying him. This guy just keeps getting stranger and stranger. I have to talk to him again.

"Um Serena, what are you doing?"

While Serena was deep in thought, she hadn't noticed Bonnie walking down the opposite end of the hallway to their door. She squeaked and turned to her friend.

"Oh who me?" Serena asked while giving a nervous laugh. "I was going to head out and grab something to eat. That's all."

"Oh ok. Cool. Max and I were going to wake you girls up pretty soon anyway, to see if you wanted breakfast as well." she stated with a smile. "Although I suggest changing, as media members are already downstairs wanting to interview the trainers competing in the tournament."

Serena nodded before entering the room again. She took a shower and changed. She walked out of the bathroom dressed to see Bonnie doing everything in her power to get the two coordinators out of bed, but they weren't moving a muscle.

Serena laughed and looked at Bonnie, "Come on, Bonnie. You're wasting your time. Let them sleep in and get some rest."

They exited out of the room and walked down the hall, to meet up with Max and Clemont.

--- 

Lucario woke to a very familiar sound. It was Ash playing a song on an ocarina, which he had gotten during their time on Shamouti Island. Ash only plays it whenever he was nervous or his Pokémon couldn't sleep. Lucario looked at Ash up and down and then notices Pikachu asleep on his lap.

"Master, was Pikachu unable to sleep?" he asked with a confused look.

"No, Lucario. The song was for me, this time," Ash spoke in a soft tone. "Just something to get my day started right. You know, before things get chaotic out there during the tournament."

He continues playing the song. It wasn't as sad as it had been in the past, whenever Ash played it for himself. The song had a certain mood change to it. This particular melody didn't carry pain or anxiety, but rather power and bravado. Lucario smiled as the song came to end.