The Power That's Inside!

Shout out to Luffylawkidd, of DeviantART, for this screenshot.

The rain continues to pour down upon the stadium, as the two Pokémon, standing across from each other on the battlefield, are expressing tension through their features.

The Aura Pokémon's eyes are burning with fierce determination, as he wasn't intimidated by his opponent. Lucario had been eager to face it, ever since his trainer made that promise to his friend, who they are battling against right now.

Lucario was Ash's last Pokémon and the pressure was all on the Aura Pokémon, to win this last battle. If they don't, then Ash won't be able to face Giovanni in the Finals. Ash cannot afford to get defeated here today because he thinks that only he could defeat the ex-boss of Team Rocket and stopped him, once and for all. The only thing standing in Ash's way is his friend and rival, Trevor, and his powerful Mewtwo.

The Genetic Pokémon had a killer look in his eyes as if he was about to go for the kill. Gregor also has a bone to pick with Giovanni. The Team Rocket Boss killed Trevor's father, Michael, about 18 years ago. Michael saved Gregor from becoming Team Rocket's slave and he was the only human that the Genetic Pokémon could trust before meeting Trevor. Not only that, five years ago, Giovanni tried to control another Mewtwo, who was Trevor's Mewtwo's half-brother, and it nearly destroyed Kalos, but Ash was able to save its brother. However, that same incident, was when Gregor's trainer lost his good friend, as well as his pride and passion for battling. But now that Ash has returned, so has Trevor's battling spirit.

This last battle, between two good friends and rivals, began with both Pokémon letting out one more deafening battle cry that shook the whole stadium. They now wait patiently for their trainers to give a command.

The expression, on both trainers' faces, were glowing with fierce determination. Their eyes showed burning passion and tension between the two strong trainers. They knew that this battle would be interesting since Gregor and Lucario are their strongest Pokémon and both shared a rivalry with each other, which formed as soon as Lucario was called out during Ash's first battle in the tournament.

At last, both trainers called out their first attacks of the final round in this matchup.

"Shadow Ball!" Trevor called out.

"Aura Sphere!" Ash shouted.

Lucario puts its hands together and creates a blue ball of energy. Gregor also puts its hands together, as it forms a black ball of energy. Both Pokémon then fires their respective balls of energy towards each other, as the attacks collided, causing an explosion, at the center of the battlefield. Their powers were equally matched.

Ash then noticed something strange going on with Gregor's tail. There were sparks of electricity flying off from the Genetic Pokémon's tail. He smirked, before looking down at his Pikachu, who was resting next to him, after he had gotten knocked out by Mewtwo in the previous battle.

Thanks, buddy. Because of you, we might have a chance of winning this. Ash thought, before giving Lucario his next set of instructions.

"Lucario, use Metal Sound, and then, Aura Sphere!" Ash commanded.

Lucario puts the spikes, on its paws, together, producing white sounds waves, accompanied by a high pitched ringing, to emit from the tips and spread towards the Genetic Pokémon, causing him to cover his ears in pain. Lucario is also howling, in unison, with the ringing. With Gregor still covering his ear, Lucario fires another blue ball of energy towards the psychic type.

"Dodge it!" Trevor called out.

But when Gregor was about to move out of the way; all of a sudden, yellow sparks of electricity were flying off from its body, which made it hard for Gregor to dodge the incoming Fighting-type attack. The blue ball of energy hit its target, while only pushing the Genetic Pokémon back a bit.