Going All Out!

Ash ascended, as he heard his name being called by the announcer. The crowd, who weakly cheered for him, early in the tournament, had now erupted into a deafening roar. Ash could feel the excitement and adrenaline beginning to flow through his veins. What made this feeling, even more, exacerbated, was the person across from him.

Standing on his own platform, was Trevor, who had his arms crossed in front of his chest, as he waited for his opponent to appear. Ash began to feel nervous, as he and Trevor had only battled once before, which Trevor won.

"Master, you must control yourself," Lucario said calmly. "Your aura is going berserk. You must calm yourself if you're going to prove to Lance, that he has nothing to worry about."

Ash took a deep breath, as his eyes danced their way to the elite suite and the Kalos Queen, who was inside.

"You're right, Lucario. I need to focus my energy towards this battle." he smiled and gave a thumbs-up to Serena, who returned it with one of her own.

"Pikapi pipi chu. Chu Pikachu pi chu ka Pikachu," Pikachu chirped, enthusiastically, while jumping off of Ash's shoulder. He landed on the ground, with sparks already flying.

"You're right, buddy," Ash said as he turned back to his opponent. "I've been waiting for this rematch for a long time too. We owe Trevor a good battle, after all, we did make a promise, to him, that'll we'll give him a good battle, if we were to face each other, at some point, during the tournament. Now, he's getting one."

Like Ash, Trevor's eyes also made their way to the suite, but instead of them meeting Serena, they met Brittany and Ashley, who were also in the suite. He smiled and gave a thump-ups to them, which they both returned it with one of their own. Trevor then turned back to his opponent.

"Well, Aaron." Trevor began. "I'm glad to be facing you, in the Semifinals; unfortunately for you, that's as far as you will get here!"

"We'll see about that, Trevor!" Ash shouted out, in response to Trevor's comment. "Prepare yourself, for a battle that's you'll never forget!"

"I hope so. Now then," Trevor stated as he reached down to his belt and unclipped a Pokéball. "Let's get this battle underway, Aaron!"

"Agreed!" Ash shouted out as he reached down to grab his first choice, for the round.

"Jolteon, I choose you!" Trevor yelled as he threw the Pokéball into the air to reveal his first choice.

Standing before Trevor, was his Jolteon. It let out a roar, filled with determination while positioning itself in a battle stance, to show that it's ready for battle.

Ash chuckled at Trevor's first pick. "Big mistake there, Trevor!" Ash shouted out to his opponent, who had a confused look on his face."

"How so?"

"Because" Ash began as he extended out his right hand, which hold a Pokéball, straight towards his opponent. "You're about to face one of my original Pokémon! Come on out, old friend!"

When the light, from the Pokéball, faded away, it revealed the final evolution form of the grass and poison type starter from Kanto. Venusaur is a squat, quadruped Pokémon with bumpy, blue-green skin. It has small, circular red eyes, a short, blunt snout, and a wide mouth with two pointed teeth in the upper jaw and four in the lower jaw. On top of its head, there are small, pointed ears with reddish pink insides. It has three clawed toes on each foot. The bud, on its back, has bloomed in a large pink, white-spotted flower. The flower is supported by a thick, brown trunk surrounded by green fronds. The seed Pokémon let out an intimidating roar, to show that it's ready for battle.