Showing Off!

Trevor returned his unconscious Empoleon back to its Pokéball, before thanking it for doing the best it could in that battle against Ash's Pikachu. He then reached down to grab his fifth Pokémon, as he gazed at the smirking masked trainer, across from him, who was also staring at him, both expressing determination in their eyes.

"So who's up next? I'm waiting." Ash responded as Trevor grinned at his question.

"Your Pikachu is really strong." Trevor began as he complimented the electric type's performance during its battle. "However, it won't stand a chance against my Sceptile!"

With that, Trevor threw his Pokéball into the air and out came the forest Pokémon. Sceptile got itself into a battle stance, as it motions for Pikachu to battle against it. Pikachu seemed to be ready to battle until Ash called back the mouse Pokémon.

"Pikachu, return!"

As soon as the electric type heard its trainer's command, it quickly ran back to where the masked trainer and his Lucario were standing. Pikachu's trainer scratched behind the mouse Pokémon's ears, earning a coo from it.

"Master, who will you choose next?" Lucario questioned, while standing next to Ash, as he reached down to grab his next Pokémon.

Ash smiled, as he unclipped his next choice. "I think I know a friend of ours that would really like to battle, right now. Come on out, Charizard!"

Ash tosses his Pokéball, into the air, to reveal his own Charizard. Ash smiled his Charizard let out a roar. The flame Pokémon then circled, in the air, before finally landing on the, in front of his opponent. It eyed the forest Pokémon, in its battle stance, before letting out another deafening roar, to show that it's ready for battle.

Trevor smiled at the appearance of Ash's strongest fire type, right in front of him and his Sceptile. His thoughts began racing. Finally, I knew you would show up in our battle. This just keeps getting interesting by the minute. Trevor snapped out of his thoughts, as he waits for Ash to make the first move.

"Charizard, Flamethrower! Go!" Ash commanded.

"Sceptile, counter that with Dragon Pulse!" Trevor responded to Ash's attack.

The flame Pokémon released a red-orange stream of fire, from its mouth, towards the forest Pokémon, who reacted to the attack by firing a multicolored dragon-shaped beam of energy, from its mouth, towards the incoming fire type attack. The two attacks collided, resulting in an explosion, that caused smoke to cover the battlefield.

As the smoke faded away, Ash called out the next attack.

"Use Dragon Claw!" Ash commanded.

Ghostly green claws extended from his natural ones, as Charizard took flight towards the Hoenn Pokémon.

"Quick! Dodge it!" Trevor shouted.

Charizard attacked the forest Pokémon, who barely managed to avoid the initial strike. Charizard then gave a smirk, as he heard his master's voice.

"Dragon Tail! Now!"

Even though Sceptile dodged the first attack, he had left himself wide open to an attack from his opponent's tail, which was right next to him. Charizard's tail glowed green as he twisted his body and connected with the grass type's mid-section.

Trevor looked on in frustration, as his grass type companion was sent careening across the stadium floor. The forest Pokémon winced, as he got up to his feet. However, the grass type looked ready to continue on fighting in this battle.

Trevor nodded, before giving a command to the forest Pokémon.

"Fight back with Leaf Blade!"

"Intersect it with Dragon Claw!" Ash countered.