Gregor Strikes Back!

"Charm." The lizard Pokémon said in a voice of disappointment, as it watched its father getting beat by the mouse Pokémon, who was his opponent, on the battlefield below.

"It's alright, Charmander." Ashley comforted the frowning fire type. "Your daddy fought his best against that very strong Pikachu, and that's what matters most important. You should be proud of him for that!"

"Charmander! Char!" The Kanto starter exclaimed, while its frown now became a smile. Its friend, Pichu, who stood next to the lizard Pokémon, smiled, as it felt glad for its friend being happy again.

Ashley smiled at her Pokémon, before turning to her mother, who sat next to her and began to ask a question to her.

"Hey, mommy."

"What is it, honey?" Brittany responded to her daughter's voice, as she turned and made eye contact with the little girl.

"Do you think daddy still have a chance of winning this battle?" The little girl asked with a curious look in her eyes.

"Well," Brittany hesitated, but quickly came up with an answer. "It all depends on his last Pokémon, honey."

"I hope it's Mewtwo! It can help daddy win this fight! It always does!" Ashley stated with excitement in her joy, which caused her mother to giggle at her reaction.

"She's right, you know," Brock spoke up, as the mother and daughter, along with Serena, turned to Brock, before he continuing his thought. "Trevor's Mewtwo has never lost a single battle before. It's just damn too powerful for anyone to face. I'm not even sure if Aaron stands a chance against it."

"What are you saying, Brock?" May asked, with a curious look on her face.

Brock took a deep breath while choosing his words carefully, before responding, "What I'm saying is that Aaron might not stand a chance against Gregor."

"You don't know that!" a voice cried out, as the group turned and realized that it was Serena, who reacted towards Brock.

"Get real, Brock!" Serena began, as the expression, on her face, became serious. "Aaron has three Pokémon remaining, while Trevor only got one left. Besides, we don't know if Trevor is even going to use Mewtwo, anyway!"

"He is, Serena," Gary said as the performer turned to the young professor, with a puzzled look on her face. "Gregor is Trevor's next Pokémon because he wants to battle against Aaron's Lucario!"

Serena was shocked, as she suddenly remembered what Brittany told her and Ash, during Trevor's match against Ritchie.

I'm guessing your Lucario is Mewtwo's rival then.

Serena stood there, with a shunned expression across her face, as Gary continued his explanation. "The other day, I heard Trevor talking to Aaron about the fact that Gregor really wanted to battle against his Lucario. They've decided that if they were ever going to face each other, during the tournament, their last Pokémon would be Gregor and Lucario. It's a battle that'll decide who faces Sakaki in the Finals!"

Everyone, in the suite, was awe shucked towards the upcoming battle between two powerful Pokémon. However, Serena wasn't feeling the same way.

Her thoughts began to chase, as she recalled how Trevor's Mewtwo easily defeated Ritchie's Pokémon, without a scratch, before her eyes made their way towards the masked figure below. "Her face expressed worried and concerned for her loved one. Her body was shivering, due to the fear of her losing Ash if he loses this battle.

Please, Ash! Win this! You have to!

---

"You've fought well, old pal. Now, take a good long rest." Trevor stated to his fallen partner's Pokéball, as he clipped it back onto his belt, before grabbing another one. Trevor has only one Pokémon left, while his opponent, across from him, has three remaining.