Chapter 1: White Beast

Fight.

Kill.

Eat.

Survive.

Run.

Attack.

Pain.

Blood.

Flesh.

Instinct.

Throughout her life, this is all the girl knew.

-----------------------

"Lord Hokage, a trail of dead bodies is leading right to the village. I think it's-"

"Yes, I believe you are right. Send an ANBU team to eliminate the threat immediately," a robed, elderly man ordered from his desk.

"Yes, Lord Hokage." The shinobi teleported away in a puff of smoke to carry out his lord's orders.

For weeks now, there have been reports of mauled bodies of humans and animals alike. The Hokage's thoughts wandered to other nations that may have possibly let loose this monster to take out their enemies, but lost control of it.

-----------------------

Five figures leaped through the trees on their way to carry out their new mission.

"Any ideas exactly what it is we're looking for?" A masked ninja asked her silver haired leader.

"The only information we have are rumors of a small white creature," he answered.

The ANBU team searched for their target. They have already come across bloodied half eaten animals and have been following the confusing random trail left by this beast.

"We must be getting close," the leader concluded when the bloody trails started to merge together. The silver haired man performed a summoning jutsu in which a pack of tracking dogs appeared from a poof of smoke.

"What do you need Kakashi?" The smallest dog asked his master.

"I need you to track the creature who caused all of this." Kakashi gestured to their surroundings. Broken branches hung off the trees, while the ground was littered with deep gouge marks and dead, bloodied raccoons and possums. The small pug sweat dropped as he took in the gory scene, wishing he hadn't asked. Despite the frightening thoughts of what the beast could be, all the dogs scattered around the clearing, sniffing everything they came across. One of the dogs barked in recognition of the scent he was looking for and ran off following wherever his nose was taking him with Kakashi and his team right on his tail.

The lead dog slowed his pace as they came upon a large, naturally hollowed out tree at the roots. "Kakashi," the dog whispered. "Whatever it is, it's inside that tree right now."

Kakashi commanded his team to form an ambush formation to hide in the trees while he made a clone to go look inside the tree trunk. None of the ninjas said it, but they could all feel the human like chakra coming from inside. The Kakashi clone silently approached the dark hollow and peered inside. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. A girl? He thought, taken aback. Surely a little girl couldn't have caused this damage, but the raw animal skin coupled with the dried blood covering her from head to toe told a different story. She fits the rumored description well enough. She had long messy white hair and the palest skin he's ever seen peeking through the smeared blood on her arm. At a bit of a loss of what to do, he decided to wake her from her slumber. Right before his hand could rest on her shoulder, the girls eyes snapped open revealing shining white orbs as she launched herself towards him and a screaming growl escaped her throat. The Kakashi clone poofed away and the little girl shot out of the hole with a cry of pain as she covered her eyes.