Chapter 8: Pass, Fail

The four Genin stared in shock as Kakashi sensei fell to the ground.

Poof!

Huh? Another substitution jutsu? Yukana gaped at the scene. That means he could be anywhere right now! And I called out earlier, I've got to move. The white haired girl burst from her spot to a new hiding place farther out in the woods. It's too bad we can't work together, but if we tried then one of us will have to sacrifice the title of Genin. Naruto's clones were a good idea. I should make my own team.

"KYAAA!" Yukana stopped at the sound of Sakura's scream.

So, he's not near me then. I'm safe, for now. Yukana came by another clearing. It was too close to the lake for comfort, but it was the best ambush spot if Kakashi passes by.

Sasuke certainly has the most talent, Kakashi read his book while he walked. I wonder when the last one will decide to make her move.

Yukana saw a figure through the trees. That's him! Ok, come at him like you're gonna kill him. I can do that, I think, but he's human I can't hurt another one of my kind. But hey, this is training after all and besides, he could be a demon for all I know since he keeps hiding behind that mask. I don't like it. All right, here he comes. I'll do the Hell Hound strategy. Yukana got her blood pumping as she pictured Kakashi as an invading demon so she'll go all out. She bared her teeth with hate in her eyes. "Multi-Phantom clone jutsu," the pale girl whispered and many images of herself scattered around the clearing, waiting for Kakashi to reach the center.

"Owooooo!"

What was that? Kakashi looked in the direction of the howl. Are there wolves around here?

"Owooooo!" Another howl from a different direction sounded.

"Owooooo!"

"Owooooo!" Howls from every direction sounded, causing him to look in the direction of each one. Suddenly, Yukana came running at Kakashi with a kunai in her hand. The Jonin gave her a weird look.

"A little slow if you're trying to get the jump on me." Kakashi kept reading. As soon as Yukana got close enough, she leaped at him. Kakashi put up an arm to block her attack, but she went right through him! Huh? The ninja looked to the other side, but there was no trace of her. Two more Yukana's charged at him and even more jumped out of the trees. Clones huh? Kakashi went to block each one, but just like the first, they all went through him. It eventually became an entire sea of Yukana's, blinding him.

"Hyaa!" One punch suddenly landed right on his cheek. When he looked, he couldn't determine which Yukana did it and before he could think about it any more, a kick landed in his side. Kakashi quickly put his book away.

The real Yukana's in here, she'll go for the bells next. Kakashi kept an eye on his belt and saw a single hand reach out. That's her! He grabbed her wrist and swung her away from him. As soon as she hit the ground, all of her clones flew back into her body.

I couldn't hold the clones for much longer. I'm gonna have to fight him one on one. Yukana stood up with a loud hiss with bared teeth and nails. She growled as she got down on all fours, ready to pounce.

I guess she hasn't changed much. She's going to raise a lot of questions if she keeps up this animalistic behavior. Yukana charged at him like a bolt of lightning. She's fast! Yukana clung to his shoulder and swung herself behind him. Before she could stab her fingers into his neck, he grabbed her wrist and swung her off and pinned her to the ground.

"Raaaawr!" The young Genin sounded in anger. She swung her leg up to kick him which he dodged, causing him to let go. She leaped to her feet again and charged. I'm going to eat you. Yukana repeated in her thoughts. She clawed with lightning quick speed, and every punch was a hard blow even when Kakashi blocked them.