Chapter 23: Spirit Style

Yukana arrived at the training ground early the next day, feeling prepared with the meditation training she did the night before. The Hokage sent her out alone so she could become more acquainted with her summonings. He also had all the confidence in her to take care of any possible dangerous ones.

"Ok." Yukana calmed herself to gather her chakra and bit into her thumb. "Summoning jutsu!" She slammed her hand on the ground and tensed up, waiting to see what was going to come up this time.

"Well, well it's my turn now, I see." A strong, male voice sounded from the clearing smoke cloud. The vocal speech indicated that she summoned another useless phantom.

"Alright, so who are you?" Yukana crossed her arms in boredom.

"Why, I am the Great Samurai General, Akio!" The phantom flourished his arm while taking a bow.

Yukana sweat dropped at the phantom's dramatic appearance. "Yeah, whatever man." After seeing Rei, she didn't put too much stock into the words of phantoms. "So, why are you here?"

"I have direct orders to train you, my dear."

". . . What?" Yukana perked up at the phantom's claim.

"That's right, the god of death himself was hoping I would be the next one to be summoned." Akio banged a fist on his translucent chest adorned with samurai armor.

"Well, teach me already. What do I do?" Yukana spread her arms in question.

"You're chakra is linked to our world. Therefore, you performing any ninjutsu that requires any of the standard natures is impossible."

". . . Great, so it really is hopeless." The pale girl swung her arms in disappointment.

"But, that also means you have your very own qualities no other living human has, which also includes ninjutsu." Yukana perked back up at Akio's explanation.

"So, how do I learn them?"

"Patience, patience my dear. There's only a select few of us who can teach you certain jutsu but also know, there has never been a human such as you. We can teach you what we know and it may very per species. We're actually not sure if you may be able to perform them for sure."

"Well, let's find out!" Yukana stood with her head held high, determined to learn new ninjutsu. "Teach me something, come on!"

"First things first. The first jutsu you must learn is one that only Rei can teach you. . . at least I think she's calling herself Rei now."

"That space case?"

"Concentrate on your summoning now and you'll be able to summon her specifically!" Akio rose his arms up in the air, dramatically.

Yukana closed her eyes in concentration and performed another summoning jutsu. Another cloud of smoke appeared, revealing the first phantom she met, Rei. Although, it appears that she is sleeping at the moment. Her translucent, standing figured bobbed up and down in mid air while her head drooped to one side with her eyes closed. The white haired girl sweat dropped in disbelief that this particular phantom could teach her anything. "Oi! Wake up! You have a job to do." The pale girl yelled, startling the phantom lady awake and a loud snort came from her nose followed by a random outburst.

"What's a cookie!?" Rei's head shot straight up with alertness.

Yukana deadpanned at the phantom's outburst and simply said, "Akio here said you can teach me the first jutsu."

Rei gave Yukana a blank stare and after a few seconds the white haired girl was about to repeat herself, until the summoning finally responded. "Oh! That's what the Reaper wanted me to teach you!" Realization dawned on the spacey phantom.