Chapter 11: Training

"W-Where am I?" Yukana's eyes opened slowly.

"Yukana, she's waking up," a certain female Genin informed. The team gathered around a tired Yukana who was lying next to Kakashi who had just awoke.

"Yukana, are you alright?" Blonde hair and blue eyes came into view.

"N-Naruto?" Yukana looked up at him and she started to cry.

"What's wrong!?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. . . I hurt you." Yukana covered her teary eyes with the palm of her hand.

"No, I'm ok." The blonde assured.

"What the hell happened?" Sasuke crossed his arms.

"Let her rest, team. She's had a long day." Kakashi stopped them from probing answers out of her.

"But the demon of the mist, did you get him?" Yukana turned to face her sensei.

"He's still alive."

"What?!" Everyone was shocked at Kakashi's words and he explained why.

"The tracker nin that showed up didn't dispose of him on the spot like they were trained to do. He was trying to save Zabuza."

"Come on, you're over thinking this aren't you?" Tazuna chimed in.

"Encountering suspicion, a ninja prepares quickly. Hesitation leads to disaster. Every shinobi knows this saying." Kakashi confirmed. Naruto's eyes were filled with excitement at the news. He's actually pleased to hear Zabuza's alive. He's anxious to have another shot at him. Kakashi laughed inwardly.

"Sensei, you said prepare quickly, but you can barely move." Sakura pointed out.

Kakashi laughed. "I can still train you."

"Kakashi sensei, how much training can we really get done in a short time before he shows up?" Yukana asked.

"How was I able to stop Zabuza?" Kakashi made her think about. "You all helped me. You've grown. Naruto, you've grown the most." The silver haired Jonin gave a closed eyed smile at the boy. Yukana looked to Naruto as well, glad that he is becoming a good shinobi.

"So you noticed, Kakashi sensei. From now on, things are gonna get better. Believe it." Naruto said with determination.

"I don't believe it." The young voice of a boy sounded from behind them. Everyone looked to the voice. "Grandpa, don't you see these people are gonna die? Gato's men will find them and wipe them out!" Yukana couldn't help but laugh at the boy's ignorance.

"What's so funny?" The little boy asked with a scowl.

"We've already faced the strongest ninja he's thrown at us and we got out fine. Next time we face him, we'll be even stronger."

"Yeah! This Gato person is no match for a real hero like me!" Naruto proclaimed.

"There's no such thing as a hero. You're just full of stupid ideas. If you wanna stay alive, you should go back where you came from." The boy turned to leave.

"Then, how are you going to live?" Yukana asked, making the boy pause.

"Inari, where are you going?" Tazuna asked his grandson before he left.

"To look out at the ocean." Inari shut the door behind him.

"Ewe. Ocean." Yukana said with a shudder.

"We have two spare rooms upstairs for you." Tazuna's daughter offered.

"Thank you." Kakashi turned to his students. "Sakura and Yukana will be in one room while the boys take the other. I'll stay in here but for now, let's start training immediately."