Prologue

Prologue

 [Alice]

             When my mother told me to never trust a boy, I had taken her a bit too seriously. Well I always take whatever she says seriously, even though half the time she's just plain mocking me. Now you're probably wondering what type of mother she is but that's not the point -in case you're wondering she's an awesome mother with an annoying immature side. She even teased me once for dressing up like a nun. I think you get the picture.

              The point is when my mother warned me about boys. I literally started keeping a ten feet distance from each, every one of those scary, loathsome creatures. My mind had been convinced thinking that boys are girl eating monsters. I'm pretty sure they are. I've seen so many girls cry over them. Girls say that boys break hearts. I don't know what it is that they do to 'break hearts' but anyways...

             So you can imagine the terror I must be going through when I woke next to one. I have no idea how I ended up here next to this gorgeous looking creature with long lashes soundly shut and a long arm draped across my body.

             For a moment, I felt safe when I should have been terrified but I wasn't. Maybe mother was really mocking me when she had said never trust a boy because I wanted to do nothing more than trust the creature lying next to me. Maybe he would be the medicine that could finally fix me. Maybe he would be the companion I've always missed.

            Eyes fluttered open and I was swept away into an ocean of chocolaty brown eyes. I was drowning in the ocean. The waves were pulling me under.  He stared at me half in daze, half in awe. I couldn't help but smile at him. "I can never get over the fact how beautiful you are,"

           Everything was blurred into red. I pulled the white comforter over my face. "You're lying," I mumbled into the lenient comforter.

        He pulled down the comforter from my face, the corners of his lips curling upwards into a breath-halting smile. "I'm not," His voice was pure and honest.

    I bit on my lips, feeling somewhat insecure under his intense stare. "Damn, you're cheesy,"

      A throaty laugh reverberated in his chest, I could his feel his laugh under my hands. It sent my heart into overdrive.

       "I was trying to be romantic," He said in between laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

    I scoffed, wrinkling my nose upwards. "It doesn't suit you,"

           "I guess it doesn't suit us, you know to do lovey-dovey things," He grinned. "I think I want to keep it simple,"

          "Me too," I smiled, resting my head against his chest.

Maybe trusting a boy wouldn't be a bad idea afterall what could go wrong.

Note: This idea has been with me for months, I never really got the time to write it down. :)