Three colors

[Note] Thank you Tarannum Taj for your deep, insightful comments. Sometimes when a writer's block threatened to stop the story. I would reread your comment  and they would inspire me to write again.

Three Colors

Devlin cautiously strode behind me, he had his white-doctoral coat resting on one arm, while his other hand held onto a loosely, strapped leather bag. I twisted the silver handle of the art room, stepping inside the room with him following me.

Incandescent lights lit the spacious room; panels of sceneries were displayed on the white walls while neat rows of desk were placed in horizontal series. In the back, there were worn-out wooden shelves filled with art supplies. Paints and brushes of all sizes and shapes lined the shelves.

Mrs. Clark was no-where to be seen. Even though, I had full-permission to use the art room, it felt as though as I was intruding into forbidden territory

I set my backpack on the front-desk. Turning my head, I saw Devlin standing there awkwardly, his long, gaunt fingers curling and uncurling themselves around the leather strap of his bag. I was surprised that he wasn't freaked out by the idea of someone randomly asking him to paint his eyes. I'm the one who came up with idea and even I felt kind-of weird about it.

"Stay here," I ordered afraid that he might run away or something. It's still hard to believe he's going to let me paint his eyes. Maybe he'll go all freak-show on me and tell me that I'm a creep. "I'll go grab the supplies,"

He smiled at me, the corner of his lips lifting upwards. "Yah, sure"

~*~*~

I quickly set up the panel and my painting stand. Pulling out my pencil, I roughly sketched the edges of his eyes on the small, square panel.

Devlin was sitting in-front of me; his legs propped up the metal stool while his eyes bore into mine. It was quite nerve-wreaking; it was like they could see right through me and my thoughts. I felt my pulse radiated and coarse painfully against my rib-cage. Everything was blurring into blue, pink, and grays.

"Stop it," I snapped, setting the pencil on the table, it rolled off the table, falling onto the ground with a hollow clicking sound.

He furrowed his eyebrows together, a crease dividing them. "Stop what?"

I massaged my temple as a sigh escaped my lips. Chocolate Syrup! What's wrong with me? It's official, I'm going insane. I was about to tell him to stop looking at me when I need to him to look directly at me. I shook my head, my teeth biting down on my lips. "Nothing,"

He frowned, in one swift move he hoped off the stool. "You did have lunch today?" It almost warmed my heart to see that he cared. But why should it matter, if he cared or not, damn those butterflies. Now I understand, why all those Disney princesses sang those sappy songs. I wanted to break out into my own little tune which would go along lines of-

If you can see chocolates in the sky,

Then you can dream about chocolate eyed jerks,

Wish made upon a chocolate bar,

Colors found in his chocolaty eyes,

If you can dream about chocolate eyed jerks,

Then you've must lost your mind.

I found myself, inches away from him. He stood beside me, his fingers pressed against my wrist while his eyes were glued to the wall-clock above the white-board. You know, I can literally see the ghost of my ten-foot rule standing in front of me.