One Chocolate Bar

[Note] Thank you Jessica for being a beautiful human and supporting me through the entire journey of CE. I don't think I would have ever completed this story without your support. With all the love in the world, thank you.

One Chocolate Bar

[Alice]

         The skies were gray mixed with evening blues and the setting sun's orange. Rain cloud curtained the once shinning sun and its unreachable glow. A hazy, zigzag line of light separated the scenic sky, dividing into patchy portions. The colors were beginning to fade, smearing into the sky with long blue, orange steaks.  The sun tried pushing the clouds away which only caused the skies to darken into a dark, blood red color.

        As always my fingers were itching for a paint brush, I wanted to feel the cold wooden stick against my skin. I wanted feel the white canvas running under my hand. I wanted to watch colors come to life, I wanted white to fade.  I wanted to stand in my room, next to the window and capture this scene with my very own hands but that won't be happening any time soon.

          A loud, boom filled the air, the skies roared while the wind whipped wildly against me.  The rain pelted against my back, fondling my bare skin, droplets of water slid down my face, past my eyelids occasionally few drops would fall into my eyes.

         "Why am I such a cartoon?"  I couldn't stop cursing myself.

         You'd think by senior year I'd get used to high-school and everything about it but no, I had to act like a freaking freshman every single day of my pathetic life.  As usual, I had missed the school bus because I was too busy helping our art teacher, Mrs. Clark set up for the art fair.

           If my mother was here, she'd probably click her tongue and laugh at me to her hearts content. Then she would say "Ah, darling you should join the circus. I think they're missing you," I would give her my most annoyed stare and she would only pinch my cheeks in response.

              None of this would have happened if my parsimonious father had gotten me a car. But hell no, he said that I'm a reckless driver and I'd probably kill someone with my 'terrible'  driving skills not to mention he went far enough to add  he would be guilty for the rest of his life since he'd be the root cause for the ending of an life. God, I cleared my driving test in the first try. I don't  know in what dimension of space I'm a reckless driver.

            This just proves he doesn't want to spend his precious, scraped up money on a car. He rather spend it on getting my little sister, Liza a make-over for her room. She has always been his favorite while I've always been the thorn in his eyes.

             I kicked the empty coke can lying by the trash-can. It went rattling on the uneven side-walk stopping right in front of the automatic doors of a large, warehouse type store. There was a glowing green sign above the store with which the words 'Dollar Tree' had been written. The letter 'D' of the sign was flickering. It wavered a little bit before turning off completely.

        Just then thunder boomed through the air muffling all other sounds-wait- I think that was stomach.  An empty stomach on a raining evening -What a magnificent combination! This combo surpasses all those pizza schemes the peeps at Domino's offer.

         I hadn't had lunch today because someone thought it would be highly amusing to steal my hello-kitty tiffin box. I loved that tiffin box more than any plastic container I had in my kitchen. It had tiny, squishy-mushy hello-kitties on the front side and inside it's divided into three sections with three different hello kitty lids but that's not even the best part. It had a matching plastic hello kitty spoon which could transform into a fork with a push of a button.