O n e~The GreyCollins Foundation

Kenzie's Pov

Crawford and I spent the entire night working on this foundation eventually we finished the website and pitched the idea to a company hoping to get support we were still waiting on the call back and as soon as we get accepted we're off to South Africa to visit our friends again except this time we'll be bringing along a crew to help build homes, fix water pipes, basically anything we can do to make their lives a bit easier. I woke up completely tired I slid out of bed and slipped my slippers on heading downstairs to eat when I got down there Crawford was passed out on the couch like always Chris was probably already gone he was always an early bird. I made myself a bowl of cereal then headed back upstairs to watch t.v. and wait on the company to call me back. It's been a couple hours now and I was starting to get impatient I know they have other things to do but I just wanted to start this foundation already I was excited to help people I wanted to get on my feet forget about everything bad that has happened and help someone for a change.

Suddenly my phone went out without a thought I picked it up not even looking at the caller ID "hello" I said all professional like "have they called yet?" it was Chris, "no I thought you were them!" I groan I could hear Chris chuckle "don't worry they'll call soon" he assures me "what if they deny us then what will we do?" "we'll go somewhere else and if they deny us we'll keep trying until someone smart comes along and accepts this amazing offer" I smile Chris always knew how to cheer me up "okay I'm gonna go incase they're trying to call me" we hang up and I sit there starring at my phone hoping for it to light up with a phone call but it never did. It's been 5 hours I was starting to think they weren't going to call I know I always overthink everything but something doesn't feel right. I groan and get up shoving the silent phone into my pocket and grabbing my hoodie and wallet heading downstairs and waking Crawford up "huh oh did they call back?" I shake my head "nope and I'm done waiting let's go get ice cream" he gets up and grabs his things following me out to the car. when we arive at the ice cream shop we go inside and order our ice cream while waiting I feel my phone vibrate and my ringtone go off I take it out of my pocket and pick it up "hello?" I say waiting for a response "Hello, may I speak to Mackenzie Grey" omg it's them! "this is her" I try to hold in my excitment and nervousness at the same time "we looked over the file you presented to us and we would like to accept your offer and get started as soon as possible" A huge smile spreads across my face "thank you so much I will get back to you on details" I hang up and scream jumping around and jump into Crawfords arms "they excepted us!!" everyone was looking at us weirdly after I realized we're in a public place I calm down but I couldn't stop the smile that was spread widly from ear to ear. After we got our ice cream we headed back home and sent them the email of the website to get input on it they soon replied giving us tips and then made a appointment for a meeting tomorrow morning.

The following morning Crawford, Chris, and I were all heading to the company building for the meeting I was quite nervous speaking to a group of professional business workers what if they thought I was just a stupid teen I wanted them to take me seriously but I don't think they will.

*~*~*

Walking out of the building I stretched my arms yawning I was tired I mean don't get me wrong I'm excited about this foundation but they talk a whole lot of boring in there that's why I let Chris do the boring stuff and Crawford and I get to do the fun stuff such as reading emails of all the people that want to volunteer. Which was what we were doing now we emailed a bunch of people back for a meeting tomorrow around noon and we couldn't be more excited. I walked downstairs grabbing something to eat from the kitchen my phone made a buzz so I checked it answering the phone I spoke "hello?" I said the number had no name so I didn't know who it was. "I'm sorry" I was confused "I'm sorry who is this?" they spoke again "I'm sorry Kenzie I know you're going to hate me" finally it clicked in "Matt?" I took the phone away from my ear checking the number I still have Matt's number in my phone so why isn't it showing up unless he got another one "please don't hate me" "Matt h-how are you-" and then the line went dead again. I shoved my phone in my pocket utterly confused and shocked he really needs to stop hanging up on me Crawford walked in and I told him he called again at first Crawford asked if I was okay I told him I was fine and that I was crazy he eventually believed me or so I hope. "I don't know what the hell is going on but it's driving me crazy not knowing" I tell him tapping my fingers on the table "focus on the foundation and we'll worry about that later I know he was your bestfriend but thinking to much into it will drive you insane literally" I nod he was right I needed to focus on the GreyCollins foundation so I pushed it aside and got everything ready for tomorrow's meetings.

*~*~*

The next day it was currently 11:30pm people should be arriving soon for the meetings Crawford and I were waiting patiently sitting on our phones until a knock appeared I bounced up and opened the door allowing people inside and then one at a time they sat in a chair infront of us and started the meeting. After a long day of interviewing Crawford and I went over all the applicants and picked out a good 50-60 people we would have to get more along the way but right now we were just starting out. I was super excited for this foundation to come to life and to help these people have a better life I just wanted to start already.

A/N: Sorry this is a short update exams are coming up in school so I gotta study hard and focus on that right now so I just wanted to fit in a quick update before it started I hope you like it again I'm sorry! xo