#8 First Ultrasound

LIAM:

"Excited for the first look of your baby," the doctor smiled, as you cautiously laid on the small bed. "It will be a little cold at first," she explained, rolling your top up. You looked up at Liam, fear showing on your face. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Liam asked, taking your hand in his. "I'm scared," you whispered, "we have tried so hard and waited so long for this, what if-" you took a shaky breath. Liam cupped your cheek, "I promise, everything is perfect," he said softly. You nodded as he looked at the doctor to continue. She put the gel on your stomach and begun moving the wand around. You continued to look at Liam, away from the screen. After a few minutes, she spoke up, "If you look closely, this is your baby's head." Liam squeezed your hand, his smile growing. You slowly turned to look at the screen. Your eyes filled with tears, your mouth opening but no words forming. "By the looks of things, you are about 10 weeks and everything looks perfect," she explained. "Our baby," Liam whispered, kissing your forehead. You smiled teary, in awe of seeing your baby.

LOUIS:

"Is Mr Tomlinson going to be joining us today?" the doctor asked, walking into the room and seeing you alone. "He was supposed to be, but he may have gotten caught up at the studio," you replied, laying down on the bed. As the doctor got organised, you hoped Louis would make it; he would be so disappointed if he didn't. Just as the doctor was about to start, the door opened, making you both jump. "Am I late?" Louis said out of breath. "No, just in time actually," the doctor smiled. You held out your hand, which Louis happily took and stood beside the bed. "Sorry I'm late," he whispered, kissing your forehead. You smiled and looked at the screen in front of you. Within minutes, a blurry image appeared on the screen. Louis moved his head to the side and closed an eye to try and work out the image. The doctor pointed to the middle of the image, "this is our baby's head." You smiled, feeling your love grow for your baby without even meeting them. "Looks like a peanut," Louis said, making you giggle. "Our baby," you whispered getting teary. You looked looking up at him, "Our peanut," he corrected, kissing you.

NIALL:

"How you are feeling?" the doctor asked. "A little tried, some morning sickness but always hungry," you explained, pulling your top up. "Well it is a Horan," Niall whispered in your ear, making you giggle. He stood beside the small bed holding your hand. "Shall we have a look?" the doctor smiled, putting the gel on your stomach. After a moment of silence, her smile disappeared. "Is everything ok?" Niall asked, his accent strong. You squeezed his hand as you watched the doctor look at the screen. "I'm picking up two heartbeats," she said. "Mine and the baby's?" you questioned, unsure what the problem was. She shook her head, turning the screen to face you. "Two heartbeats not including yours," she paused, "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Horan, your having twins." You froze; shock and fear taking over; how was Niall going to react? You cautiously looked up at him. He was smiling wide, his eyes fixed on the screen disappearing a blurry image of two babies. Your eyes filled with tears at the excited and love he had for them already. He looked down at you. "Two little Horan's," he smiled, "That's amazing."

HARRY:

"Nervous?" you whispered to Harry. You were laying on the bed, watching him sit in the chair beside you. His leg bounced up and down, something he did when he was nervous. You put a hand on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. He looked at you and smiled slightly. Just as you were about to say something, the door opened and in walked the doctor. "Let's get started, shall we?" she smiled, setting up. "It's a little cold, sorry," she said, putting the gel on your stomach and placing the wand against it. Moments later she broke the silence, "By the looks of things you are nine weeks," she paused and pointed to the screen "this here is the baby's head and it's body just there." Although the image was small and blurry, you were in awe of the what you were seeing. You felt your eyes fill tears, but you quickly blinked them away and looked at Harry. "Are you crying?" you asked him. He sniffed again, shaking his head, "it's just-" he paused and looked at you, "that's our baby." You nodded, reaching over to wipe his eyes. "Your little one is growing perfectly, everything looks great," the doctor smiled. 

ZAYN:

"Make yourself comfortable Mrs Malik, the doctor will be right with you," the nurse said, then left the room. You nodded and laid down on the small bed. Zayn was standing right beside you; one hand holding yours, the other brushing hair out off your face. "Nervous?" you whispered. He smiled, eyes trailing to your stomach, "a little, but more excited." The doctor walked in and sat in front of the ultrasound machine. "Sorry for the wait," she smiled, "Let's have a look at your baby." As she put the gel on your stomach, you wiggled at the coldness making Zayn chuckle. The doctor moved the wand around your stomach a bit before stopping and turning the screen around. "Here is your baby; their head and body is there," she explained pointing at the screen. You gasped, your hand covering your mouth in amazement. Zayn brought your hand to his lips, placing a kiss on your knuckles. "I'll give you both a minute," she said, leaving the room. "Their perfect," you whispered. "I love you," Zayn said, leaning down and kissing your lips, "and our little one, so much."