#37 Deciding on a birth plan

LIAM:

"Nice nap baby?" Liam chuckled, kissing your forehead gently as you opened your eyes. You nodded and snuggled closer to his body. "What are you doing?" You asked sleepily, looking at the laptop resting on his lap. "Just some research," he replied simply, making you giggle, "For what?" He looked down at you and ran his hand through your hair. "For a birth plan. I know we haven’t spoken about it, I just wanted to see what our, or your options were," he smiled, feeling prepared. "Find anything?" You said, trying to sit up. Liam quickly moved the laptop and grabbed your waist, carefully helping you sit up against the headboard of the bed. "Thanks Li," you whispered, once you comfortable. He nodded and picked up the laptop again, opening up a few tabs of websites he had saved. "There are other places than the hospital, I know you don’t like doctors and people surrounding you all the time, so I thought we leave the hospital for an emergency only," he said proudly, "how about a birth centre?" You thought about it, as Liam continued to talk. "Like maybe a water birth, where you have the baby in a tub. Water also helps with pain, and it’s completely safe. Or maybe relax on the bed, or walk around-" you cut him off by pressing your lips to his. As you apart, both of you smiling. "I like the idea of a water birth, calm and relaxing. Sounds perfect," you whispered, before kissing him again.

LOUIS:

"Hey boo," Louis said, making you look up across the table, "I’ve been thinking. We don’t have to, it was just an idea. I know we haven’t actually spoke about it, but we should, and I know I want to be there to you through it-" you giggled before cutting him off, "Lou, just tell me." He smiled, taking your hand in his larger one, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles softly. "What if my mum was at the birth, or even just during the labor? She doesn’t have to be in the room during delivery," he said looking at your intertwined hands. You smiled at how much he wanted his mum present and cupped his cheek in your other hand. "I’d love that," you said, watching his blue eyes light up, "she has been through it five times, so she’ll know what to expect and can help us out." "But she can’t be your nurse, cause she’s family, but it would make me feel better, if I knew she was helping you and understood what was happening more than me," he replied. You nodded, "since you brought it up, maybe we should make a birth plan." He pulled out his phone, opening up notes and quickly typed down a few things. "Hospital?" He asked. "Yeah, with little or no medication. I would like to have a natural birth," you answered, "maybe with your mum’s help, we stay home for as long as we can before going to the hospital." Louis looked up from his phone, smiling, "but too long, I don’t want anything to happen to you or our baby boy."

NIALL:

"I’m so tired," you whimpered, as you walked inside after your latest pregnancy class, Niall close behind you. He wrapped his arms around you, guiding you to the couch. "Do you need anything darling?" Niall asked kissing your forehead. You shook your head, "Cuddle with us?" He chuckled, before sitting beside you. You wiggled around, so you were leaning against his chest. You smiled as his hands found your growing stomach, rubbing over it soothing. "We should talk about a birth plan," you said softly, "since it’s less than two months till the twins arrive." He nodded, thinking to himself. "I know there are many options but I’ll feel better if we were at the hospital," he kissed your temple, "I can’t risk anything happening to any of you three." You giggled, placing your hand on his, "Hospital it is then." "What else did the midwife say in class? Oh, pain medication? Who do you want present?" He rumbled on. "Only if I’m shrugging or the doctor thinks it for the best, like if it helps speed things up," you thought, "well, I want you there. Do you want your brother or I could ask my sister?" You closed your eyes, relaxing in Niall’s arms. "Not Greg. He didn’t cope well during Theo’s birth," he chuckled, "what about Denise? She has been through it before. Or your sister, I know how much she means to you?" "Both," you said sleepily. "So we both have someone to calm us down," he said, looking at you, smiling when he noticed you eyes closed and breathing even. "Sweet dreams princess," he whispered.

HARRY:

"Take a seat Mr and Mrs Styles, doctor will be with you shortly," the nurse said, pointing in the direction of the hospital waiting room. Harry helped you sit down, before sitting beside you. "Baby, it’s alright," Harry whispered, hand resting on your knee to ease your nerves. You nodded and bit your lower lip. "We just here for another ultrasound sweetheart, and see how our little girl is going," he soothed, kissing your temple. "I know Haz. I just don’t like hospitals, you know how they scare me, with the doctors and needles and I-," Harry cut you off with a gentle kiss. "Breath baby," he whispered against your lips. "You know I was thinking about the birth and I want you to be comfortable but safe," he smiled, "what about a home birth?" You quickly looked at him, "what? Have the baby at home?" You asked. "Yeah, I read something last night while you were sleeping. Home births are completely safe. We can get a midwife, or maybe two to be safe. You could labor in our bed, or in the shower," he took your hands in his, giving them a gentle squeeze, "we could go for a walk to help with labor pains. But whatever we chose, I will be with you the whole time, ok, you will not do it alone." You smiled for the first time since arriving at the hospital, "You seemed to have done your research Haz," you gently cupped his cheek in your hand, "and I do like the sound of a having our baby at home, it will make me a little better about the whole about thing." He returned your smile, "when we’ll talk to the doctor about it."

ZAYN:

"Ok, thanks mum," you said into the phone, as Zayn walked into the room. "I gotta go mum. Talk to you soon," you sighed, quickly ending the call. "Everything alright baby?" Zayn asked, sitting beside you, kissing your temple. You nodded and leaned against him. "Just my mum asking if we thought of how and where we’re going to have the baby," you explained, "it was just a lot of information for one phone call." He sighed, resting his hand on your rounded stomach, smiling as he felt the baby wiggling. "What would you like? I mean, you’re the one who will be in labor," he said, "I’ll be with you the whole time, I just want you to comfortable and for everything to go smoothly." You smiled at how sweet he was and begun thinking about your options. "I’m really not sure. I mean I do the sound of a birth centre. It’s like a hospital with doctors and nurses, but without all the machines and wires, and everyone in your face," you thought out loud. Zayn nodded slowly, thinking about it. "It sounds more calm and gentle. I like it," he kissed your forehead, "what about medication?" He asked, rubbing your stomach softly. "Not unless I need it, I want to have a natural birth," you relied, "but I heard water helps with pain, I could labor in water or even have the baby in there or on the bed, whatever I felt like. What do you think?" "As long as you are safe, I’ll be there to help in any way I can," he said, kissing you softly, "sounds like a plan."

A/N: Thank you for all your messages about which boy should have which birth. This is what we decided, so every one is different. We are planning on lots of drama for the labor / delivery part; each boy will have a little bit. But all we can tell you now, is that one labor / delivery will not go how they planned it xx

And thank you so much for the comments and follows, we can't believe how much you guys like our series on here :)