#39 Worried / Stressed (your and his pov)

LIAM (his pov):

"Liam, darling, how are you? And Y/N, hope you are looking after her," my mum answered the phone happily. I sighed at hearing her voice, but ignored her questions. "What if the baby is born early? Or has health problems like I did when I was born," I said, letting tears fall from my eyes, "how did you cope with it. I-I don’t know. What would we do then?" Even through the phone, I could imagine her closing her eyes to stop her own tears from falling. "Love, I can’t tell you that it was easy, but it was all worth it," she said softly, "like look at you now." I nodded, tightening my grip on the phone. "Listen love, today is different to 24 years ago. If something was wrong with the little one, the doctor would of noticed it," she explained, trying to calm me down. "But if something is wrong, it would be my fault," I whispered, closing my eyes as the tears continued. "And then Y/N will hate me, mum, I can’t lose-," I froze as I heard a sniff from the doorway. My head snapped up and I saw Y/N standing there. My heart broke further at seeing tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. "I gotta go mum, I’ll call you back," I said not taking my eyes off Y/N, before ending the call. I dropped the phone on the bed and stood up. She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of my jumper she was wearing. "I could never hate you," she said just above a whisper. I nodded and walked towards her, placing my hands on both sides of her baby bump. "I’m sorry sweetheart. I’m just scared that-," I begun, but she cut me off. "Don’t say it, please Li," she whimpered, "I love you and our little baby. If anything did happen, we will get through it as a family; the three of us." I moved my hands to her lower back and pulled her against my chest; mounding against her rounded stomach. "I love you too darling, so much," I pressed a soft kiss on her lips, "and although our little one is half me, they are also half you; so hopefully they will be as perfect as you."

LOUIS (your pov):

"Boo, Y/N There you are," Louis said happily, as he walked inside. He looked behind him at the boys playing football in the backyard with the children, while the their wives sat on the pouch and watched. I nodded and gave him a small smile. "Hey love, what’s bothering you? You have been quiet all afternoon, everything alright?" He asked. "It’s nothing really, I’m fine," I said, trying to push away my worries, but Lou saw through it. "Baby, I know you," he said softly, stepping closer so he was standing in between my legs, "you’re only quiet when you’re worried. And it’s important because it’s upsetting my girl," he smiled gently tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I sighed and slowly reached out for his other hand, playing with his fingers. "What if I’m not a good mother?" I whispered, looking down at our hands. I heard Louis gasp as he squeezed my hand, making me look up at him. His bright blue eyes looked sad. "What? Why would you say or even think that?" He asked. I shrugged, feeling embarrassed. "Hey beautiful, you can tell me anything," he whispered. "I guess seeing the girls with their babies, or even your mum with you and your sisters," I paused, "some girls are meant to be mothers, I don’t know if I am one of them." He kissed my forehead softly. "You are amazing with children. Remember when I took you home for the first time, my sisters loved you from the moment you walked in. They look up to you so much," he explained, "and babies. Like the time we meet your cousin’s little girl. Right away you knew how to hold her and the way your eyes lit up when she cooed at you, was something I can’t wait to see when you hold our little boy." I couldn’t help the smile that appeared on my face. I leaned forward and kissed his lips. I felt him smile against my lips before pulling away. I giggled when he placed his hands on the curve of my baby bump. "Seriously, you will be an amazing mum, I know it," he smiled, "our little boy is so lucky to have us as parents."

NIALL (his pov):

While Y/N was out with girls, doing some last minute baby shopping, the lads and I decided to watch the football game at Louis’ house. “Can I ask you something? All of you,” I asked, during the commercial break. The four of them looked away from the football game playing on the tv, to me. “Yeah anything Niall,” Liam replied first, followed by Zayn, “what’s wrong Niall?” I sighed, knowing I had to talk to someone about how I was feeling and who better than the lads who have been through it. “It’s about Y/N and the twins,” I said, making Harry frown but Liam nod for me to continue. “You know how much I love our fans; always have and always will, but what if they do something to the twins,” I nervously played with my hands, “And I’m not sure I won’t them to grow up with all this fame, I just want them to have a normal childhood and live normal lives.” Louis patted my knee from his spot on the floor. “I know what you mean. When Eleanor was pregnant with our first, it was scary to think what fame might do to them, but between Y/N and yourself, you will be able to keep them grounded,” he said proudly. “The fans love you, you have always been a favourite,” Harry added, “and they love Y/N too, so the little Horans will be no different.” I smiled, remembering how happy I was when they accepted Y/N as my girlfriend, then wife a few years later. “I know, I just don’t want them to be spoilt celebrity kids, who don’t understand the importance of things,” I sighed, not knowing how to explain it, “or if the fans hate them, I can’t protect them from that.” Zayn must of sensed me getting stressed, as he placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze. “The fame never went to your head, so it won’t go to theirs. You will teach them to be good people, to appreciate the little things in life,” he said, “and who can hate a Horan.” All five of us chuckled at his comment. “But if things get too bad, you have us right behind you,” Liam said.

HARRY (his pov):

"You’re glowing Y/N," Gemma said happily. Y/N blushed from her spot beside me on the couch, as we looked at my sister through the laptop screen on the coffee table in front of us. "Excuse me, little girl is sitting on my bladder again," Y/N said, slowly standing up and waddling to the bathroom down the hall. "Ok spill it brother," Gemma said as soon as Y/N left. "What? What are you talking about?" I asked, nervously. Gemma sighed and raised her eyebrow at me. "I know you love her to pieces, but seriously you haven’t stop looking at her since this Skype call started, and you keep asking her if she’s alright," Gemma smiled. I ran my hand through my curls and took a deep breath. "What if something happens to either Y/N or the baby when I’m not around, or I miss something important?" I asked, as I thought of the tour we were planning for next year. "Harry it’s your job, both of them will understand. Plus the tour won’t be a worldwide one; you haven’t had one of them since before you got married. So you won’t be too far away if something happens," Gemma said softly, "I know you Harry, you put everyone before yourself; you just want everyone to be happy." I nervously looked down the hallway, hoping Y/N wasn’t coming, I sighed when there was no sign of her. "I know Gem, it’s just, I want to be here for all her firsts. Or what if when she’s older, I can’t make a school performance or birthday, I don’t want to see the disappointment in both my girls eyes," I said sadly. "Oh Harry. Please don’t worry about those things now. One Direction is slowing down, so you shouldn’t miss of those things, and if you did, they wouldn’t be alone. Mum and I will always be there for them," she soothed. I nodded, smiling at my older sister. "Thanks Gem," I said, feelings little better. Just then I heard footsteps and Y/N walked into the room. "Did I miss anything?" She giggled. I shook my head, looking from Gem to her, "just talking about you."

ZAYN (Your pov):

"I can’t wait till the baby gets here," Safaa said. Zayn smiled, looking from his mum to his sisters around the room. I zoomed out of the conversation and thought about the birth. Since we discussed a birth plan, I have started to feel anxious and worried about the whole process of giving birth. "Excuse me," I said softly, as I carefully stood and walked into the kitchen. "Darling," Trisha said following me. I took a breath before turning around and meeting her motherly eyes. "Oh, what’s wrong honey?" She asked, seeing the tears in my eyes. I shook my head not trusting my voice. Trisha stepped closer and wrapped her arms around me. "I don’t think I can do it?" I whispered, tears falling down my cheeks. "Do what love?" She asked concerned, pulling out of the embrace. "What if I can’t do it? Have the baby? Or something goes wrong? Like Zayn isn’t there when I go into labor? Or the the baby isn’t well?" I rumbled quickly, my breathing coming out in quick gasps. Trisha took my hands in hers, her thumb rubbing over my knuckles. "Deep breaths love," she whispered, breathing deeply with me. "I know it’s scary, not knowing what to expect, but I promise you will not be alone, ok?" She said calmly. She let go of one of my hands and gently wiped my eyes. "Y/N, you are one of the strongest girls I know," she said, smiling softly, "I know you can do it. And if you can’t, Zayn will be beside you. He will always be with you darling." I nodded and looked up. "And little Malik is growing perfectly. No need to worry," she said, placing a hand on my rounded stomach. "Thank you," I sniffed, smiling weakly at my mother-in-law. "No problem honey. Remember I’m always here if you need to talk. I have been through it four times before," she said, making me giggle. I looked back into to the living room to see Zayn smiling at me. I blushed and returned his smile; my worries still there, but I knew what ever happened, he would be with me.