Chapter 9: The Wave Arc Part 3

Yukiko's POV

We had finally made it across the river and were walking towards the bridge to check on its progress before we went to Tazuna's House. You actually remembered his name? 'Well, he has a good cause I guess.... Might as well remember his name so if I need to call it out to make him move I won't sound like an idiot.....although I could pull a Naruto and call him Old man.' I snickered quietly to myself at that thought, ignoring Chi sighing in my head. As we got closer and closer to the bridge I sensed another presence following us, and apparently Naruto noticed it also.

"AHA!" He yelled as he flung a kuni at the bush beside us. Sakura jumped and then turned angrily to him.

"NARUTO! You baka! Stop trying to act cool!"

"Heh...heh...It was just a squirrel." Naruto said sheepishly, trying to play it off cool. I sighed and continued walking forwards, mentally following the person as they jumped through the trees beside us. Naruto threw his kuni once more and manage to scare a strangely all white bunny. My eyes narrowed as I glanced at it then at Kakashi, whose eyes were narrowed also. My eyes darted forward when I heard a faint swishing sound.

"GET DOWN!" Kakashi and I (oh look at me using proper grammar! XD) yelled at the same time as we dropped to the ground, pulling the genin and Tazuna with us. Not even seconds later a giant sword sliced through the air where our necks were. It lodged itself halfway in a tree behind us and a dark form landed on top of the sword.....facing away from us? As we all stood back up I got a good look at the one who had thrown the sword. I sweat-dropped as I realized something. Does he know he is standing with his back to us?

"Hey uh......you do realize you are standing backwards right?" I asked with a 'really' look on my face. Kakashi and the others looked at me with an exasperated expression. "What? He is!" Kakashi just face palmed then turned back to the stranger.

"Zabuza Momochi. The Demon of the Mist." Kakashi said while glaring at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Kakashi of the Sharingan, so you finally took a team?" Zabuza scoffed. I tuned him out at this point, I already knew who he was after. I slowly scanned the area looking for anything suspicious. Coming back to reality I heard Kakashi tell the genin to guard Tazuna, that us Jonin would take care of him. Jumping up beside Kakashi I slid into my familiar battle stance, while Kakashi uncovered his Sharingan eye. I could hear Naruto and Sasuke behind us, talking about the Sharingan. Glancing over to Kakashi I nodded slightly when our eyes met. I closed my eyes and expanded my senses as Zabuza did the mist's infamous Jutsu that clouded the area in mist and blocked most of our senses. My eyes flew open and I quickly jumped to my right to avoid Zabuza slicing me apart with his giant sword. When he didn't make contact with my body he jumped back and faded into the mist again. Growling in frustration I did a Jutsu that would hopefully remove the mist from our sight.
"Wind Style: Gale Palm!" I yelled forming the correct hand signs. Kakashi took this opportunity to toss in kuni knives, hoping to get a hit on Zabuza. As the Jutsu died away we could finally see Zabuza again and he looked smug as he charged at Kakashi, sword raised.I jumped backwards so I would be in front of the kids, to protect them. Kakashi and Zabuza fought tirelessly, until Zabuza caught Kakashi in a water sphere. I face palmed at Kakashi's stupidity at getting caught in the water sphere. He yelled at the genin and me to take Tazuna and run. Naruto yelled at him that we would never leave him, voicing all of our opinions. Naruto looked up at me and asked.
"Yukiko-Sensei, will you help us in my plan?" I looked down at him and grinned.
"Of course Naru-kun." I said leaning down to listen. We whispered among ourselves for a few minutes before we turned and smirked at Zabuza. I jumped back beside Sakura to help her guard Tazuna. I still stayed tense, ready to jump in at a seconds moment to help the boys. I watched with pride as Naruto and Sasuke executed their plan perfectly. Sure enough Zabuza was forced to release Kakashi from the water sphere. They both came back to my side as Kakashi and Zabuza fought for a few more minutes, Kakashi copying nearly every move Zabuza made. I ignored what they were saying and focused on a presence that I sensed in the trees. I watched with narrow eyes as it threw something towards Kakashi and Zabuza, thankfully it turned out to be senbon needles. They hit Zabuza in the neck and he slumped over, supposedly dead. I frowned and watched with narrowed eyes. 'Something doesn't seem right...They seems familiar and this guy looks like a hunter nin, but hunter nin's don't use senbon needles as weapons...' I kept an eye on the "hunter nin" as he and Kakashi talked.
"If you will excuse me, I must go and dispose of the body now." My eyes widened as he jumped away, body in tow. I was about to jump after them when Kakashi collapsed, falling face first into the ground. I ran over to him to check his pulse, finding it normal I breathed out a sigh of relief.
"Is Kakashi-Sensei alright?" I heard the genin ask.
"Yea, he just overused his Sharingan." I stood up and propped Kakashi up against my back. Turning to Tazuna I asked him to lead us to his house. He nodded and we went on our way. I would have to talk to Kakashi when he woke up.....

Hey guys! Sorry for this taking so long, I've had a case of writers block and been busy with school and everything else in my life, hope you guys enjoy. I was going to wait to publish it, but this will be a gift to you guys for getting me to 7K reads!

(Not fully proof read, will go back later and proof read it fully)