Quick Explanation (and some home truths)

Ha - You thought!

Sorry, I know this isn't what you guys were hoping for - whether that was a chapter describing what was in the letter or whatever else - but I felt I had to explain a few things.

The ending in particular.

From the beginning I knew Asia and Ethan were never going to end up together. Why? Because to me, Ethan represents the dickhead/asshole/prick/mug (for my fellow Brits) who we hold onto because we think somewhere down the line they will change.

So if anyone is in that predicament right now, waiting for someone to change or hoping and praying that they will because you don't want to let them go just yet: GRAB A PAIR OF SCISSORS AND CUT THAT PERSON OFF.

You're wasting valuable time trying to change someone that doesn't want to change. Cut them off and focus on yourself and who you are without them because we often get too lost in that, much like Asia did. Asia lost herself in her love for Ethan which is never - and I repeat - never a good thing.

So again: I know some of you wanted Asia with Ethan but I couldn't do that to her. Ethan was part of her past and that chapter of her life needed to be shut so that she could move on (which is another thing we like to do, we like to say we've moved on and get with other people when in actuality you're still holding a candle for that other person, secretly keeping yourself open in case they do change but that's another story).

And I also know some of you wanted Asia with Ryan but again here's another quick tip: don't go out with the ex love of your life's brother. Just don't. It's messy. Don't be messy.

So yeah, that's my explanation for that. I just wanted a realistic ending. Some relationships don't get a happily ever after, no matter how much we want one.

You just have to accept that it's not your time to get one yet and it certainly wasn't Asia's time with Ethan.