Awkward

I winced when I felt a burning sensation on my eyelids. The bright light shone and I tried to turn away from the source. I turned and slammed into what felt like a rock hard wall. It was warm so I got comfortable and leaned further into it.

"Come on, come on wake up! Lets go! Lets go!" The shrill voice made me bury my head further into the warmth that enveloped me. I recognised the voice as Jamal's and decided to ignore it, willing it to go away. It wasn't helping my pounding headache at all. "I'm not going away, y'all! I got strict orders to get you up and ready within the next five minutes so the both of you, up up up!"

'The both of you'? Confused, I wondered what he was talking about.

I paused when it finally dawned on me. "Five more minutes!" My eyes darted open and I pulled back to see who it was that had just spoke.

"Jamal, have you seen Ry- oh, found him." Monica burst into the room and covered her mouth as she tried to hold back a smirk.

Ryan realised what was going on at the same time as I and we both jumped back. "Oh my God!" I said, covering my own mouth. Ethan chose that moment to walk in and his face was yet again unreadeable. He had nothing on but a pair of dark wash denim jeans and his hair was wet.

"Isn't this cosy." Was what he said and Ryan raised his hands in the air as I reddened in embarrassment.

"Mighty cosy if I may say so myself. Girl, you didn't waste any time did ya?"

"Jamal!" I scolded, hiding my face with my hands.

There was an awkwardness that hung in the air as everyone paused. The scene looked horrible. Here I was in bed with my ex-fiance's brother with nothing but my underwear on. "Come on guys, we should go. This is awkward enough. Let's go. Shoo boys. Shoo." She pushed both Jamal and Ethan, whose face was as hard as stone, out of the room and on her way out she gave me a discrete thumbs up sign before shutting the door.

Immediately I looked at Ryan, who was leaning back on the headboard. "What-."

"We didn't have sex."

"Oh thank God." I covered my mouth and looked back at him. "I mean, I didn't mean it in that way. I just mean-." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, letting go of the sheet I was clutching onto for dear life. "How the hell did we get here?"

He chuckled and I leaned back on the headboard with him. "The last thing I remember from last night is carrying you and your drunk self into this room and then you started stripping."

My eyes widened. "I did what?!"

"I'm just kidding." I pushed him playfully and groaned as I ran my palm over my face again. "But you did call me, Ethan though."

"Stop playing, Ry." He turned to me and stared at me. "Oh my gosh. I didn't."

He nodded. "Oh you did. I was picking you up and you whispered 'Stay with me, Ethan'." I drowned under the bedsheets, not wanting to show my face.

"Oh my God. I am mortified. I can't remember a single thing. Why did I drink so much?"

"God knows, but it was fun." I glared at him and he laughed at me. "He's angry you know."

"Don't be silly. Angry about what?"

"The fact that we're in bed together."

I snorted at the idea of Ethan being jealous when he was with a beautiful woman like Monica. "Yeah, of course. I am incredibly hungry."

He stood up and I realised he still had his trousers from the night before on. He slid on a plain white v neck top and I too began to get dressed. I slid on one of my oversized tees. "You still love Pussycat Dolls?" He pointed to the design on my tee which was a picture of my favourite band.