The Visit In New York

(Diane's POV)

I woke up from the long trip from Rome. Four days ago Erik and I decided to try out couple counselling. I was both nervous and excited to try this. It could help us in this marriage I seems like it's failing. But we weren't going straight to the campus, my parents invited us to to go to their house, show Erik around. I got out of boat with Erik holding my hand, I was excited to be back in New York...And yet I dread it.

"So this is where you live..." He looked around for a car. "It's different...It's busy and crowded...Where is our limo?" I chuckled loudly but I could see the irritated look on his face, he must be sea sick. "We don't have a limo waiting, we have to signal something called a taxi. A taxi is a car th-" his hand stopped me from talking. "I know what a taxi is, just where are they?"

I shook my head when I heard him say that, he really needs to learn about life in America. I sighed and took his wallet out of his pocket, he was squinting at me, very confused. I took a few twenty's out and waved it around and soon a taxi was right in front of us.

"Where would you like to go miss?" The taxi driver smiled at me as he opened the door. "We would like to go to the Simons manor on monarch ave." the man smiled and took the money, Erik helped me inside the taxi and we awkwardly sit beside each other. Before arriving we had a fight about the fact that we had to got to my parents, he must really not like them or maybe they don't like him.

"...Just saying...Do we have to visit your parents?...They don't like me..." I look up at him and touched his hand. "I just wanted for you to get to know them better, maybe even make them like you." He nodded as we drove to a big gated community.

Everything has just been so hard. Not being able to have children has been hard and the fact that we fight almost everyday...I wanted to be like the seventeen year old Diane Blunt who was innocent and had no responsibilities except being taught how to sing...Now I'm an adult, an eighteen year old who's married to a thirty three year old, in a relationship that has been threatened to end by myself. My deep thinking was interrupted when Erik squeezed my hand as we neared a gigantic house.

"This is it!" I smiled as I remembered everything from my childhood, from when I was first adopted to when I left for Paris. Erik helped me out of the taxi.

(Erik's POV)

I was mad...She didn't seem to know it...But I'm very pissed off. She thinks our marriage is going to fail, she thinks we need this thing called couples counselling! But I think we're fine as a couple. If only I was to give her a baby right now, then she would turn around from her parents and go back to Rome. I love her and I just hope she actually doesn't file for divorce. We slowly walked through the long pathway and to their gigantic house...She must've been a spoiled child.

"This is it!" I heard her squeal as we approached the door. "I hope you like the place I mainly grew up in! I loved it." She knocked and a maid opened the front door, no smile, just a bow and then she let us in. The place was nicely decorated, everything was spotless in here, there was literally no dust. "Nice place." I commented quietly as we walked around the house, her parents must of been busy upstairs still.

It was a nice old house, expensive looking and beautifully decorated. Diane must of loved it here when she didn't fight with them about random stuff, like what cereal she eats or what pillow case she has on her pillow. I would take that over being beaten everyday in a gypsy circus. The stairs was finally occupied with walking and there her parents were.

"Diane." I heard her father say as he creepily ran up to her and hugged her tight. Again, her mother simply gave a microscopic smile and a handshake. How did she do this for over ten years? "Erik...Nice to see you again." She turns to me but offers not handshake, I was okay with her hating me. "Nice to see you too."