The Status Update

(Diane's POV)

He was still panicking even when I told him that I was real. I smiled and hugged him...He must be so excited...To see me here at his work and be able to really socialize again. I sit back down after sobbing with him. He looked back at his chart and sighed.

"Your husband...Erik..." I heard his voice go sour as he said his name. "He's stable, but due to his injuries he'll be in a medically induced coma for the next nine months. If he doesn't wake up after nine months of re covering...Then we'll have to pull the plug on him." He looks back at me and I was almost sobbing...I could lose the man I love...The man who's love was so blind to me in the beginning...I love him so much...I need him to survive.

I sigh and I see his body being carried into the room...He laid there, peaceful and happy looking. I smile and squeeze his almost life less hand. The interns hooked him up to life support and it began to breath for him. He's going to be my fighter...He's going to wake up and we're gonna be a family. Ryan looked at us uncomfortably and stands up. I wanted to tell him to sit down and stay...But I don't want to make him sadder then he already is. Before he left he turned to me.

"Diane..." I turned my attention to him Just watch out for other people...You might be married still...But no guy cares about you being married when your husbands in a coma...Watch out for Mark...He'll ruin you....I'll be back soon to check on him." He shakes his head as he leaves the room. I should watch out for people...I'm not going to let anyone sleep with me. "I won't let anyone sleep with me Ryan...I hope not..."

I shake my head and focused my attention back at Erik...I unbuttoned his gown and saw the horrible open wounds that were healing by themselves...There inside were bullets. My Erik...He must be in such pain. I move my chair closer to him and stroke his arm. I wanted to kiss him and hug him, but I didn't want to disturb his effort of getting better...I should let him heal and get better. I sigh and I sit there...I have nothing to do. I play with my wedding ring as I hear footsteps walking in. I look up and see Mark Sloan. Great.

"Hello." I sigh as he get's closer to me. I could see determination in his eyes. Like he's hunting for a prize. "Hello Diane. I have your husbands charts and it appears he has a horrible face defect that I might be able to look at. I am a plastic surgeon." He smirked and looked down at me. I shook my head and stand up. "Erik wouldn't want that...My husband doesn't like a lot of people touching his face as it is...Sorry."

He sighed as he moved even closer to me, I could feel his breath on my face as he looked me straight in the eye. Ryan said to resist anyone...That I'm a beautiful person who man will attack at. I couldn't kiss another man with my almost dead husband on a bed sleeping. He pulled me to him slowly. I tried to pull back, but I couldn't get out of his grasp. Next thing you know, our lips were locked together. I closed my eyes slowly as he kissed me, he was a good kisser and I have to admit...I kinda enjoyed it. But at the same time...I could feel he only wanted sex...Not me...But my body. He slowly pulls away and smiles...I could see in his eyes what he has planned next.

"That was great..." I step back slowly. "But I can't have sex...I can't cheat on my husband like that. Again, the kiss was amazing...But I just can't at the moment." I hear him sigh as he moves back from me too, I guess he is the man whore of this hospital...I have two doctors after me. "Well I'll be here when you want me and we can do it in one of the on call rooms if you want. And I'll be waiting for another answer on your husband's face. I'll see you in the halls, Ms. Blunt." He smirks and leaves. I was just about to correct him, but it didn't matter anyway. I sigh and sat beside Erik again. That was a close call... I couldn't sleep with him...That would be horrible.

I sing the music of the night softly in his ear as he squeezed his arm. It was a way I could bond with him during this time of grieving. I rub his chest as my finger tips touched the bullets in his chest...My husband...My baby daddy...My love. I stay like this for awhile as I fondle him, making him look comfy and happy...At least what I think happy looks like. I look up as I see Ryan walking in, he looked at me as I rubbed Erik's face and neck...I know he must not to see me do this...That he's still in love with me and he'll always be in love with me. I sat up and remove myself from Erik's care. He coughed and went back to his charts.

"Mrs.Diane....Destler." He took a short pause and sighed, looking up at me. "We're going to be keeping your husband at the hospital, hoping he recovers, if he doesn't recover in the time give to him, he'll be transferred back from where ever you came from. You maybe stay for as long as you need." He passed he papers and I signed them. I came over a DNR paper...Not to resuscitate...If he goes into cardiac arrest...My Erik doesn't want to be saved...He rather die then be saved. I shakily sign it and give it back to him.

"Hey...." He sat beside me. "It's going to be okay...We're going to do everything we can to save him...Okay? Cause I want you to be happy Diane...I want you to have kids and be treated like you deserve...Not with me." He whispered the last part. I felt pity towards him...He didn't have a wedding ring or it didn't even look like he was in a relationship. "Thank you Ryan." I stand up and kiss him in his lips very softly, not meaning it to be a lovers kiss. "It must been hard for you to see this...To see him and I after leaving you in Paris...But I'm just so so thankful that your here and that your gonna try and save his life." I smile, squeezing his hand, he's a good man and I hope he finds someone. I really do.

He smiles sweetly, coming closer to me.I could feel his breath on my neck, trying to peck my neck. I sigh and look down...Why must men run after me?...First a plastic surgeon and now a doctor...And then I have my husband, The Phantom Of The Opera and a music teacher...My music teacher. I sink out of deep thinking when Ryan finally kisses my neck slowly, I close my eyes...I have to admit that it feels good, but if I reject Mark Sloan then I'm likely to reject...Ryan...

"Stop..."I move away, sighing. "We're not together. I'm with Erik and I'm not going to be with you even if he dies...I have other men lined up and I just can't fall back into the whole situation like the did back at the Academy. I can't let Erik be William and Mark become the new Erik...I just can't let my heart break again...I'm so sorry Ryan." He looked at me, saddened by my words. He stood up and looked away. "I understand Diane...I need to attend to my other patients. Page me if you need me. I'll see you later." He began to walk out of the room, I wanted to jump up and stop him...But I knew it wouldn't be worth it...I'm just confused about everything and I'm going to throw up...Stupid baby. I look over at Erik and sigh.

"It's going to be okay darling...I promise." I climbed into the bed with him and cradled into his chest. I smile at his warmness, my husband. He's my family, and his baby is going to love him...And no matter what happens...I'll always stuck by his side. I sloppy close my eyes and fell asleep on his chest. This is going to be a long journey...But it's going to be okay...I just know it...I think...

DUN DUN DUN

JK LOL

(END OF CHAPTER)

Hey Fantoms,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm officially done my week long vacation and I'm excited to get his book back on track. Thank you for all your patience, I'm so gracious. I'm sorry for the short chapter, I'm actually driving back so I didn't have as much time to think of ideas due to spending time with my family sight seeing. I hope you guys are excited with the new relationships that might blossom with Diane during the time of her struggles. Like Mark Sloan 😉 and Ryan Strucker 😐. I'll try to get more updates out and get back on track. PLEASE Read, Vote, Comment, and Share with other people who love Phantom Phanfics. Thanks so much for reading! LOVE YOU ALL!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sincerely,

The Phantress Of The Opera