Taking the King's weapon

Viktor ruffled through his pockets and brought out a pair of keys, as soon as my eyes caught them, i grabbed them greedily and ran for the door opening up to the kitchen stopping in my tracks i caught the site of three people staring at me wide eyed.

"another bet." max guessed.i winked and kept walking. i tan through the kitchen and into the living room. my eyes searched for one painting in particular. Lady Thor. i picked up the painting and carefully placed it on the floor. steel dorrs stood in front of me. so strong that no man, no even i could break in without specialist equipment. i opened the door and gasped out loud. my eyes lit with wonder and awe, fingers tracing each shape and style that sat on the shelf.

"choose one" Viktors voice brought my thoughts back into reality.

My heart ached for them all. One! I can't choose just one!

I searched for the best one. My eyes linegered on them all for a while before I found the right one. The perfect one. My perfect weapon sat there in front of me. The blade was shinning silver, with the tip of the blade being the sharpest one of them all. The handle of the knife was jet black with a carving of my families crest encrusted in gold. Two arrows crossing eachother with the side of an eagles head planted in the middle. It was stunning. I practised flipping it in my hand. This was the same knife my father used in battle, the king. And his father and their fathers.

I turned around to show my chosen weapon. My father walked up to me. A ruefull grin playing on his face.

"Cheaky you are.... Taking the king's weapon"

Throwing my head back I laughed heartily.

"Well I am the future queen" my comment made him smile as he gestured for a hug.

Retuning the hug I let tears fall. It might be the last time I will ever see him

"Aylaxe, you were 5 just a few years ago. And now look at you. All grown up and going away."

He pulled away to look at me.

"Dad I will be fine. I am grown up and anyways maximus is coming with me, even if I have no choice."

I wiped the tears with the back of my hand and returned his look.

"I should get ready, got to leave soon right"

As I let go I ran upstairs, the knife somehow reappearing in my palm.

I reached my bedroom and turned the door handle to walk in. All of my packing was done. I decided to take a quick shower before I left. In less than 15 minutes I was out of the bathroom and getting ready. I wore a pair of loose fitting straight jeans that went baggy from the top to straight at the bottom. They were accompanied with a red shirt and a black blazer and some black converses.

I glanced in the miror just to check myself, I had grey eyes rimmed with royal blue which were inherited from my father. From my mother I inherited jet black straight hair that fell just ontop of my shoulders, they were layered, and highlighted ivory white at the tips of my end, my side fringe was full on black with one dash of white going through. I am 5'7 and slim. Years of practise and training had me toned through out the years, being pale skin is hard because you end up looking perfect in other peoples eyes whereas you yourself feel that being pale makes you colourless. If max can be tanned skin why can't I?

There is no point arguing over it was their?

I glanced around my empty bedroom once more and felt my hands tremble as I walked towards the door, just before the door closed I had a feeling I would never come back home.

Shaking away all my worries I walked downstairs and saw max loading up the car. My family awaited my arrival and so I took my final steps out of my house.

Little did I know by leaving my house I was walking towards my death.

Stepping into the fresh breeze I went and hugged my family one by one. Viktor first, his face nearly tearing up.

Nearly.

Nicholas next.

"Be safe, and don't charm too many boys"

I smirked and glanced at my mother, who was drenched in tears. When she became emotional the whole family would turn emotional aswel.

"I will be fine maa, trust me" I looked wistfully into her eyes

"Ayla, if I did not think you would be safe would I let you go?" I pondered over the thought, no she would never let me go

She wouldve have me bound in chains with a fish flopping in my mouth so that I wouldn't scream.

Atlast I turned towards my father and bowed.

"My king, may I have your permision?"

"You have my permision to go aylaxe, next time it shall be me who is bowing down to you" he winked leaving me in fits of laughter

Everytime I would walk down in my pyjamas, there would be my dad bowing down to me while I spill toothpaste all over his head. Wow.

"Let's go ayala" max said, he waved a goodbye but couldn't avoid my mothers kisses and hugs

"I am a full grown man maa" he groaned.

"Now you listen up, remember to eat well and I have packed your special underwear in the blue bag, you know the dry night type. So don't worry about wetting the bed dear"

Vik, nicholas, myself and my father were in hysterics.

Trust my mother to say that.

Max's face was filled with embarresment as we piled into the car.

Would this be the last time I ever saw my family?

The engine roared and soon we were on our way, the highways of british columbia coming into sync with the messmerising scenery. Max and I stayed silent for a while, I observed his reaction as we furthered into our journey. He sat there, face relaxed, almost as if we were going down to the supermarket.