Consequences

Soren's POV

My father's death, his blood-filled hands. The death of my best friend. Everything flashed, the past that i had burried away. it was so real, i was there, re-living all my memories. Feeling my mums hatred towards me and feeling my dad's disappoinment. Memories of being turned into a rogue burned in my mind. Then the memories stopped, and a pain shot through my leg, making me glance down to find blood spilling out of my thigh, i looked up to see a beautiful woman, standing with a black dagger, the blade filled with blood. I then realized that this woman, was none other than my mate. Ayla. Her blade dropped, and her eyes looked down to her thigh, where the black leather was becoming wet.

"Soren, what's happening?" Her voice was shaky.

"We are mates Ayla, whatever happens to me, happens to you"

Max moved forward, grabbing Ayla to steady her.

"No, it can't be." My wound had started to heal before Ayla threw the dagger straight into my stomach. I fell onto the floor, my hands wrapped around the dagger before i pulled it out. Ayla was lying on the the ground. Max was beside her and her other bodyguard was standing, guarding Ayla. I could hear the fighting between our people continue. My clan had attacked from the rear, taking the guards by suprise.

I stepped closer to her body. After hearing a growl from Max i stopped. Ayla was coughing up blood, but the wound on her thigh should've started healing by now.

"Max, my blood can heal her." I started moving for Ayla when her bodyguard stopped me.

"But, she'll turn into a rogue" max's voice was undecided.

A piercing scream filled the air, Ayla's back was arched, and her hands clamped tightly on the wound that sat on her stomach. My heart tightened at the sound of her scream, tears rolled down her oval shaped face, and her eyes turned red. My wound had started to heal, but Ayla was gasping for breath, her blood painting the leaves beneath her.

"Yaris, get Evan!" Max ordered the bodyguard who beckoned in his ear piece.

"Evan, get down here now." Yaris stayed stiff, fighting mode. Ayla was loosing unconciousness and i couldn't do anything. Her body had stopped moving and her ragged breathing had slowed down, to mere gasp's. The crunching of leaves behind me made me turn around to a young man, armed with weapons, running towards Max.

"Evan, do something. Anything, her wounds are not healing" Max had started loosing hope.

"There is only one way, we have to kill her." This young man, Evan, spoke, making me want to rip his heart out.

"Kill her! Are you insane" my voice was frightening, angry.

"Max, i can bring her back to life, but i need to kill her first," Evan gave me a side glance before returning his attention to Max.

"You do know what that means Max, a ressurected immortal cannot rule. They live amongst humans, their memories are wiped."

"That can't happen, she is our queen, i dont know what to do" Max's head hung low, then Evan said something which would change evrything.

"There is another way," Max's head lifted to meet Evan's eyes.

"She will have to mate, with someone who isnt supernatural, a human"

I couldn't let my mate be with someone else.

"She is my mate! No one else's" my voice was filled with anger.

"I can't heal her wounds, but i can stop them bleeding, for a while. She will have approximately 10 days."

Evan waited for the go ahead,

"Do it" once Max had given the order i couldn't help but rush to Ayla. Yaris held me back and a few other guards hauled me away.

Before i left, i saw Evan crouching next to Ayla's body.

She can't mate with a human. I will mate with her.

Ayla's POV.

I felt a warmth spreading throughout my body, this warm fuzzy feeling. I felt safe, but my body still felt stiff. I wanted to stay this way forever, but i had to open my eyes. As they opened, i saw Max kneeling beside me, with Evan. Yaris stood, his back towards me.

"Max?" My voice was shaky, a mere whisper.

"Let's get her out of here" Yaris followed Max's orders by carrying me in his arms. Bridal style. I felt a little weird being carried by my trainer.

"I can walk Max" he lifted his head and a slight frown appeared.

"You need rest."

"Yaris get her home, Evan ride with her. As soon as she is home let me know. I'll make sure everything is finished here" i was proud of my brother. Not once did he show any emotion. Yaris held me tighter and broke into a small jog, Evan close behind. The forest became less dense, and a small light could be seen further on. My hands were wrapped around Yaris's neck and soon enough we were out of the forest. Yaris placed me gently in one of the cars, before Evan climbed in next to me. The engine started and we were on the road.

The pain in my stomach was returning, and i found myself crying.

"Take me to New York, i wanna go to my appartment"

Yaris glanced my way before returning his eyes to the road.

"I have orders to take you home"

"Yaris. I am the Queen. Take me where i want to go"

"My apologies" with that Yaris drove, and i let myself fall asleep.

A slight shake woke me up and i opened my eyes to find myself in the appartment. Evan sat next to me on the couch and Yaris sat opposite, on the lazy chair.

"Queen Aylaxe" Evan bowed respectfully. I was never gonna get used to that.

"Evan, what happened?" He laughed, humourlessley.

"Alot of things, first of all there is something important you need to know."

Yaris shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Yes?" I hoped it wasn't too bad.

After clearing his throat twice, Evan looked down to his hands, which were fidgeting nervously.

"Evan, what is it?" He looked up at me.

"Your wounds were severe, i know its impossible for an immortal to die but somehow by harming your mate, the consquences have become worse."

"What do you mean?" I was starting to shake by the minute.

"I could only stop your bleeding. I don't have enough power or even authority to heal you" he shot up abruptly and started pacing the living room.

"Queen Aylaxe, the only way you will survive is if you mate, within 10 days"

My chest began to tighten.

"Soren is a rogue"

"You can't mate Soren." Evan sighed.

"The only way you will survive is if you mate with a human in the next 10 days."