The Changing Process

Aiden's POV

I was drenched. In sweat! In my own sweat! Aylaxe had managed to drag me into a quiet corner near the outskirts of the university. The students studying geography and human environment were given unlimited use of a small patch of land, that looked excatly like a forest from within. It was a 3 minute walk from the main campus and i could hear the faint sounds of the students walking by. Ayla had placed me hidden in the shadows so that no-one would notice us.

"Jeez you're changing pretty fast" Ayla's words made no sense to me what so ever.

"Changing?" Barely managing to voice out the words i started turning on to my side in hopes of the pain subsiding. I was wrong.

The pains grew worse.

"Ayla do something" everything needed to stop now. It felt like 1000 needles being jabed into me with a hammer.

Ayla reached for her phone and managed to dial a number. I saw her walking away and heard her talking to someone.

"Max, Aiden... The human from school... Yes well he is changing from human to immortal."

After that i zoomed out, and focused completly on Maria. My sister. She had died a few years ago. Her cancer had spread to her lungs. She never lost hope.

One thing she taught me, fight till the end. And thats excatly what i was planning to do. I felt a pair of cold hands against my forehead, and peered up to find Ayla's worried experssion. Her hair fell gracefully around her face.

"Aiden, max is on his way.... He....know....what....do" i was slowly drifting into unconciousness. Suddenly, i felt heat sweep through me. As if someone had just placed me under boiling water. My head jerked from side to side and i opened my mouth to scream, but Ayla firmly placed her hand against me.

"Shhh, it's going to be alright, your blood is changing thats all." I heard footstep's behind her and she turned, to meet her brother.

Ayla's POV

"What's going on ayla" Max looked at me.

"No time to explain everything but he is changing, and fast. The blood has already started to change. His eye colour. I dont know what to do..."

"Ok well we have to get him somewhere cold. My car is near i can..."

Aiden flinched and interrupted Max midway. He stopped moving closing his eyes.

We waited not knowing what to do excatly.

His breathing slowed down. And his facial expression was calm.

"Max is he..." I didnt get a chance to finish that sentence before Aiden sat upright and opened his blood red eyes. His fangs were extended.

"Ayla you have to finish it now.... Finish the changing process. Kill him now!" Max's voice was rising. We started to back away. Aiden's face looked hungry, almost angry.

"I have never done this, you do it"

Aiden was starting to get closer to us, growling slowly whilst still keeping a steady eye.

"I can't ayla, u changed him not me"

I reached for my dagger and Aiden jumped on me. It was vital that the dagger went into his heart and no-where else. I had a few seconds to think before Aiden jumped.

"NOW!" Max screamed from behind me and i thrust it into Aiden's heart as he landed on top of me.

He stopped moving and i flipped him over. The dagger placed in his heart with me holding onto it for my life.

Aiden's lifeless body lay there. Max came from behind and placed his hands on my shoulder.

What had i done?