Love doesn't come naturally

Aiden's POV

with one hand, Evan made a ring around me and Crystal. The ring was about 50 diameters wide and i understood why Evan made the ring. Neither Soren nor any of his group could enter the ring. Both Maria and Evan's hands were occupied, flicking and twisting their palms to create new magic. The fire on the ground spread whilst the rain flitted through the dimly lit warehouse. It was a scene to see. Orange and blue surrounding Evan and Maria as they both stood in concentration. Behind Evan, a group of black armoured men and women had started to run in. All armed in guns and knifes. I recognised Ayla and Max amongst them. They wore black khaki pants with a belt of weapons sitting on their hips. Ayla's hair was tied back and her eyes alert while carrying a gun at shoulder lenght.

Soren's eyes darted from me to Ayla to Evan and Maria fighting. As if they were commanded to do so, Soren's group started to move towards Ayla's army. One by one, bullets were shot around us. The protection shield around us made the bullets that were wizzing by us stop, and fall onto the floor. Crystal had untied my hands and we both stood back to back facing the chaos around us. We stood in the middle of the warehouse, when everybody around us was fighting, knifes, guns, bullets, blood. Evan had started to attack Maria with his powers, sending waves of electic blue and purple through towards her, trying her best she deflected them with a flick of her wrist. From behind Evan, Layela came forth. Standing by Evan she looked at her daughter.

Maria stopped dead in her tracks, looking at her mother, a smile crept on her face.

"Layela, my mother, will you not welcome me with open arms?" Maria's voice was menacing, almost mocking.

"My daughter died along time ago," after replying, Layela closed her eyes and made a bridge with her hands. The earth started to shake violently.

"No, mother-" Maria started to grasp her neck and looked frantically from left to right.

"Mother, no you can't.... Moth..." The ground became like a violent volcano, ready to explode any second. From the cracks formed, white clouds started to rise from underground, several of them.

Thunder clouded from above us. The fire rose to deadly flames and Soren's group started to run away from the warehouse. The rain became heavier, Layela stood opposite Maria. The white clouds started to form silhouttes, making me realise they were silhouttes of ghosts. They crowded around Maria, creating a thick fog that i couldn't see through. The fire rose higher and the rain pelted loudly. Ayla and Max surrounded Evan as they approached closer to Maria.

And just like that it was all over, the screams of a girl had died down to mere whispers of breath. The fog cleared as Evan walked towards Maria with Layela by his side.

The ring around us had vanished and i looked up to find Ayla's hand reaching out to me.

"Im so glad your'e ok hun" her voice was slightly cracked, as if she was trying to hold back her tears.

"He ran, Soren ran away, there wasn't anything i could do... I tried and tried to kill him. Oh gosh i tried..."

"Hush, don't worry, it's all over for now" her arms encased around me as i held her rocking.. Trying to calm her down.

"It's over..." She whispered.

"For now."

Ayla's POV

Months had gone by after Soren had vanished. I was finishing my year at university and running the royal affairs along side Aiden. Not only did he quickly pick up on most of the laws... He was stepping into his Royal Shoes and has already even started to pass instructions out.

Layela mourned for her daughter, day and night, but she will eventually realise whatever happened was meant to happen. Max, Nicholas, Viktor ran the important business of the Royal Kingdom, along with Evan. After the fight, Evan practically became another one of my brothers, but always addressed me as his queen. The same could not be said for Max or any of the rest. My mum longed for my dad but found peace and tranquility in her children.

They say that a person can't learn to love, that it occurs naturally. I disagree. Under circumstances, i learned how to love Aiden, and slowly that love grew, just like a flower blossoming in the spring night. Though i would never have what i had with Soren, but Aiden was my love now.

However, i knew he was close by, watching me.

As always.

SOOO final chapter done!!!! Guys!!! Omg!!!! Yes yes!!!!! This book has finally ended. After i finish editing im going to write a sequel, from soren's POV!!! Comment, vote, like.

Love u all

Just a shout out to MarianZolana and Aliyah for supporting me through this book. P.S eternity:the time travelers curse --- read it.